Chapter 3

After spending the afternoon at Matilda's house, I went back home. My mom greeted me at the door and asked how my day was, to which I replied 'the same as always'. After showering and brushing my teeth, I went to bed, thinking about what on earth Matilda and Jessica would quarrel about the next day. 

"Anabelle, Tilly and Jessica are here!" My mom called from downstairs. Tiredly, I get up and trudge down to the kitchen. Sitting there grinning like idiots, both Matilda and Jessica were sipping from bright yellow mugs. "THERE'S OUR BEST FRIEND!" Matilda and Jessica squealed excitedly, slamming their cups down on the table and wrapping their arms around me tightly. "Good morning guys...*yawn*...what are you doing here so early in the morning?" I question the two of them, rubbing my tired eyes. Grinning, Jessica hands over the running wear. Staring down at it blankly, I feel slightly confused. "Wha...? What is t-this?" I ask, not really awake yet. Matilda laughs. "You're gonna come join us silly!" I stare at my two best friends, not quite sure what to think of this 'surprise'. "Um....t-thanks guys...?" I say, my gaze dropping down to the uniform in my pale hands. 

What on earth was happening today? 

...

At school, my two best friends dragged me through the busy corridors, taking me to the training pitch grounds. When I got there, I saw both Arthur and Ashton sitting down on the ground. "Oh hey mouse." Arthur said calmly, smiling with a strange look in his eyes. I wave subtly before turning around and walking straight back out of the gates. "No thanks, I'm going back to my reading club." But I wasn't getting away that easily. 

...

"NO, NO MORE NOW." I yelled, sweat dripping from my forehead. Matilda tagged me again and sprinted off, laughing as if this was the funniest thing she had even done. Glaring at her, I wiped the sweat from my head and huffed. I felt so very dizzy, but I had to somehow stay long enough to make them happy. "Please Matilda, I really feel sick." I whined, dropping onto the floor and clutching my stomach. Matilda widened her eyes and she rushed over to my side, crouching down to my height. "Oh god I'm so sorry Ana, I didn't mean to kill you!" She cried, tears streaming down her face. I rolled my eyes, sighing heavily. "Look, this is just not my thing." I replied, closing my eyes and feeling the bliss of the grass all around me. 

I only wanted to make my friends happy. 

*time skip 2 hours* 

For the past 2 hours, Jessica and Matilda had been racing each other on the running track. "I'm faster." Jessica yelled, breathing heavily. "No I am!" Matilda retaliated, as the two of them started getting slower and slower. The two crazy girls had been running for 2 hours straight. "Guys, stop now!" I cried, standing up and waddling towards the speeding girls. Jessica and Tilly stopped instantly and came to my side, checking to make sure that I was okay. "You guys need to stop with the competitiveness." I laugh, making those two laugh along as well. "Never." Jessica grinned, showing complete and utter determination in her eyes. I pull the two into a hug, before quickly running off to class.