Chapter 6

Over the next few days, I wasn't really seeing much of Jessica and Matilda. But then it got to the point where I didn't end up seeing them at all. This worried me since they were always at school, even when they had such bad colds or were violently throwing up (yeah, Matilda ended up getting sent home after she walked through the school gates with a sick bucket under one arm). 

I wasn't feeling lonely anymore since I had Bessy with me, but it didn't feel right at all. 

"Would you like to come over to mine after school Anabelle?" Bessy asked, smiling cheerfully. I quickly blinked out from my daydream thoughts and nodded excitedly. "I'd love to!" I replied, but it didn't feel right saying that. 

At lunchtime, I sat awkwardly next to Bessy. It didn't feel right sitting next to someone other than Matilda and Jessica. 

At the end of the day, I felt so lonely. 

Walking home with Bessy didn't feel right at all. 

...

A week and a bit passed. 

I still hadn't seen Matilda or Jessica, and both Arthur and Ashton kept their distance from me. It was as if they had a sudden hatred towards me. It hurt, a lot. 

Everytime Bessy came up to me, I would agree with everything that she said, not feeling any emotion at all. I felt numb. 

"Hey Belle, can we talk to you for a sec?" Ashton asked, appearing from behind me suddenly. I almost screamed in fright, and jumped several spaces away from where I stood originally. "Um sure." I replied, trying to watch my breath again. He dragged me into an empty classroom and I slowly stopped moving. "Wha-" But I never got to finish my sentence as a big black sack was through over me. Scared, I started screaming and thrashing around, demanding that they take this bag off of me. I got no reply. "Guys....?" I whispered, feeling even more alone than I did before. 

Was this some sort of punishment? 

Where was Ashton? Where was Arthur? 

Did Bessy know about this? 

What was I doing in this room? 

Why the hell was there a sack on me?? 

Where was Matilda and Jessica when you needed them....? 

I started to cry, the tears wetting the inside of the sack that I was covered in. 

I think I was being kidnapped. 

*few hours later* 

"A-Ana?" I heard an all too familiar voice whisper. MATILDA?? "MATILDA, IS THAT YOU??" I yell, moving around. "I'm so sorry for how I acted with Jessica, I didn't want to ruin the friendship and you just seemed so mad and upset when you caught us arguing that I thought that it would be better if we left you alone for a while because you might not want to be friends again after what had happened and then we both stopped coming to school and then I wanted to come back here to see you, but Jessica was against that idea so she got Arthur and Ashton to lock her up in the house, but I wanted to leave so I climbed out of a window only to find that both Arthur and Ashton had returned back home so I stole Jessica's bicycle and came all the way back to school to see you but then I find you in here and I don't even understand why you're in here tied up, and....I'm just so confused!" Matilda wept, shaking, untying the sack rope, that I was tied up in the sack by. Once I had the sack off me, I embraced her tightly, the tears leaving me. "I'm so sorry Tilly, I only wanted to make you two realise that what you were doing was wrong, I never meant for it to go this far!" I replied, still crying. 

After we had calmed back down again, Matilda told me that we were going to go back to Jessica's house to make-up. 

This was such a chaotic mess.