GEORGE . sunsets with you

© -ALIVEBUR

© -ALIVEBUR

art by @/doruachen on twt

"Come on Georgie!~"

"Okay, okay. Hold up, let me get my card."

Everyday. We would do this everyday. Me and Y/N, just the two of us. We would go up to our college's rooftop every afternoon. Why? After that one day we found out that our student cards gave us access to the rooftop, we made that place our private hang out. No one else would go up there right after our lectures just to hang out as we waited for the sun to set. Today was just like every other day, nothing different.

I pulled out my student ID card and grinned at Y/N who was still in her assigned uniform that we had to wear whenever we had a lecture. The girls had to wear a button up short sleeved white shirt along with either a skirt or any type of pants as long as they weren't see-through or shorts. Meanwhile for the boys, we had to wear the same type of shirt except we just had to wear some jeans, simple. Oh, we also had to wear a tie.

"Alright, I'm scanning my card." I announced as I pressed my ID card against the scanner that was on the door. I put my card back into my jean pocket just as I heard the beep of verification that I was a student and I could go onto the rooftop as usual. "Yay, let's go!" Y/N said in a singing tone when she held the door handle and pushed the door open. Just as the door opened, there was a sudden gust of wind that blew our hairs everywhere, meaning Y/N's hair was absolutely ruined.

"...I forgot sudden gusts of wind exist." She joked while walking outside onto the rooftop. I followed right behind her and an idea popped into my head as I called for my long time crush. "Hey, Y/N." "Yeah?" She turned back at me. "Come here, let me fix your hair." I offered, extending a hand out on the same level as her head. She sighed as she walked over to me and stopped right in front of me while closing her eyes. Perfect.

I placed my hand on top of her hair and ruffled it making it messier instead of better. "HEY!" She shouted out when I lifted my hand from her head and started running away from her. The rooftop was huge, so I didn't have to worry much about being cut off easily by her, besides she had small legs, they couldn't catch up to my long legs. But that was what I thought before being pushed to ground so suddenly without any warning.

Y/N, the smartest junior, had ran into me purposely just to push me down onto the ground. "And that's why you don't mess with my hair!" She said taking in the pride of what she saw in front of her.

"Alright, sorry. Could you help me up though?" I asked putting my hand out for her to pull me back onto my feet which she did try to do but I pulled her down onto the floor along with me to hug her. "George!" She whined.

"Fine.." I dragged out the 'e' and let her go. She stood up and walked over to the edge and sat down looking at the sun setting. I followed her footsteps and sat right beside her.

"I've seen it hundreds of times yet I still mesmerizing to me.. Nature sure is beautiful in ways humans can't explain." I spoke up wanting to start a conversation with the girl that sat next to me, but all I received was a simple, short and out of character "Yeah."

Is she okay? Is there something wrong? Did she get annoyed from what I did just now? "Why didn't you..?" She broke me out of my thoughts completely. "What? What are you talking about? Didn't I w- what?" I asked in fear of doing something wrong.

"...Why didn't you come, to my funeral."

"I- Y/N- What are you t- talking about? You're not.. Dead."

"George. I've been dead for months now. Why didn't come to my funeral..?"

She's right. 'Y/N' was right. She had been dead for 3 months now and.. I couldn't accept the fact that she's gone, forever.

I blinked the tears that were building up in my eyes away and looked at the empty spot that once had the cheerful smart girl occupying it's space. She was never there. It was all just a memory.

Here I am now, standing in front of the tombstone that had the name "Y/N L/N" carved into it nicely.

"A beautiful child, a smart daughter, a loving friend, a caring acquaintance. All lost to the hands of a drunk driver. May she rest in peace."

I placed her favorite flowers down against the tombstone when I crouched down and placed my forehead against the top of the tombstone as if it was someone's head and whispered under my breath while starting to cry.

"I'm sorry I didn't save you... I'll love you and only you forever my dear. If only I had the chance to call you mine before you left. I'm truly sorry."

A/N: Did you cry? Anyways, I finished this oneshot early, surprise! The reasoning of the title is that you and George love sunsets and when you died, for him, the sun sets with you, so now his world is just dark forever like during the night, but there's no morning time. Sad, I know.