DREAM . save me

© -ALIVEBUR

© -ALIVEBUR

art by @/mbdtz on twt

TW: suicide attempt, scars

BZZT! BZZT!

My phone started vibrating, which caused me to wake up. Seriously, people need to stop calling me out of nowhere. I picked up the call not even bothering to check who called me because I was too sleepy even though I just woke up. "Hello?" I yawned. This better not be another scam call or I will literally break my work table. "H- Hey, Y/N.. It's me, Dream. Uh- Dream as in Clay, you know.." Clay stuttered through the phone.

"Oh, hey Clay, what's up?" I help my phone up to my ear using my elbow as I stretched in my seat. "The sky." I could hear him faintly chuckle. "Very funny." I said playfully while resting my hands on my table. "Now tell me, why'd you call me? I was sleeping." "Oh- I didn't know you were sleeping. Sorry." He apologized with a slightly sad tone in his voice. "Nah, it's fine." I assured him, not wanting him to feel bad for bothering me sleep earlier.

"What are you doing?" He perked up. "Nothing really. Just sitting at my work table. How about you?" I asked him, smiling slightly while doing so. "Uh.. High." He laughed nervously. Is this dude serious? "No way. Did you really get high? Seriously?" I can't believe him-- "No I'm actually high." "Yeah high-" "High as in high up in the sky." He cut me off from saying my sarcastic comment to him.

"What are you doing high up?" I asked slightly concerned because of what he was going through. There was silence at first before I heard him take a deep breath. "I.. Can't take it anymore Y/N.." His voice cracked. He's.. Crying. "Where are you?" I stood up from my seat and grabbed my car keys to drive to his location. "...Campus' rooftop.." He whispered loud enough for me to hear through the call.

"Clay, I need you to stay on the call. What are you doing right now?" I started my car's engine and drove to the campus. "Just.. Standing.." "Okay, don't move. If.. You're on the edge.. Hold onto the railings." I instructed, hoping he did as I told him to do. "O- Okay.." I heard him mumble. I didn't see him when I got to campus, so that mean he was at the back of the campus.

I made my way to the rooftop and saw him on the edge gripping onto the railing tightly. "Clay!!" I called out to him and ran towards him. "Y/N." He breathed out. He looked like he hadn't slept in weeks and he had tear stains on his face. "I didn't think you'd actually come.." He continued. "Of course I would come, you're my friend!" "Friend.." He whispered.

"I never really had much of those.. They'd always leave.." He looked away from my face to the ground. "You're the only I called, you know?" "What do you mean..?" I took one step closer to him. "I just texted George and Nick goodbye, the only person I called was you." He explained making eye contact with me.

"Oh.." I said when I realized what he meant. "You know, I never thought I'd be so high up." He said, making me look back at him to see him looking at the ground again. "..I'm scared.." I heard him whisper. "..Take my hand, Clay." I held my hand out for him. He hesitated at first but took it anyways. "Climb over the railings, come over here." I slowly instructed while watching the wind slightly blow his hair while he climbed over the railing to get to me.

When he got over the railing, he stumbled towards me and hugged me while burying his face into my shoulder, crying. "I don't know what else to do, Y/N. I couldn't do it anymore." He sobbed while I wrapped my arms around him. "It's okay.. Everything's going to be okay.. You're going to get through this.." I tried comforting him, but all he did was stay silent and keep crying into my shoulder. I pulled away from him and held his right hand and pulled up the sleeve of his hoodie, exposing his.. Scars.

I lightly traced his scars and held onto his hand tightly. "These scars.. Show that you are strong, Clay. You've been through worse, you're strong enough to get through this." I watched his frown turn into a small smile. "Thank you, Y/N.." He said and pulled me into another hug which I quickly returned. Clay wasn't dying today, not tomorrow, not yet, he's got a lot to live for, and I will make sure of that. And when the time comes for him to go, I will make sure people remember him for the guy he is.

No one deserves to disappear.

A/N: Props to you theater kids that get the DEH reference in the last sentence, you guys are amazing.