4. It happened so quickly

Davion White everyone 🤤

~~~~~~~~~

Rayne's POV

Two weeks have gone by and I have to admit it's been a lot easier than I imagined. There are moments when I break down at night at the loss of my parents but I know they'd want me to "Keep my head up and push through". Thats what my dad always told me when things got difficult. My parents weren't exactly the warm and fuzzy type but they loved and cared for me and that's all that matters.

In these past two weeks I was able to get to know everyone in the house better. I actually seem to have a lot in common with everyone. Lola and I both love sweets, one night we ate two entire packs Oreos and a can of frosting together. Davion and I share a love for R&B music but we still argue who's the better singer. I think is obviously Jhene Aiko but he thinks it's Summer Walker. 

Raven and I already discovered we both love Melanie Martinez but we both love to meditate as well and she gave me some great techniques. Jason loves to cook and well I love eating so that's a win win. He's also really sweet and has been spending a lot of time with me lately. He even watches Teen Wolf with me even though he looks bored and complains about how unrealistic it looks. Tyler and I don't have too much in common but he also lost a love one recently so he knows how I feel right now,  we tend to talk about it with each other. 

The only person I haven't spoken too much is Mrs. Allen. Honestly I'm kind of embarrassed for how I acted the first day I got here but now that I'm more comfortable I feel like I should apologize.

I grab my phone to check the time , it's June 15 at 6pm . Akira's birthday is today so she's coming to get me so we can go out to eat for her birthday. I'm so excited I can literally feel myself shaking. Getting out the bed and slipping on my slippers I quickly brush my teeth and wash my face. I put some light make up on and fluff out my curls. Walking out the bathroom and into the closet I grab my off the shoulder bodycon maroon dress and black flats. A stare at myself in my full length mirror noticing how well the deep red compliments my dark complexion. I haven't looked this good in a long time. 

*Knock Knock*

"Hey puff ball dinners re...." Jason says staring at me. After about 10 seconds of silence he finishes his sentence. "Ready. Dinner is ready" he clears his throat and I'm not sure but I think his eyes flashed.... gold? 

"Thanks but I'm not eating here I'm going into the city for my friends birthday" I say checking out my butt. I can't go around with panty lines showing right? 

"You're going out.. wearing that?" Jason says stepping fully into my room crossing his arms. 

I'm not sure whats gotten into him lately but he's rarely left my side and is always questing what I'm doing like he owns me or something. Yeah the dress is a little on the shorter side but so what we aren't dating so why does he care?

"Yes Jason I'm wearing this" I say annoyed "Do I look good" I turn to him showing off my fit. "Obviously" he huffs out "Thats the issue. What if someone tries something" and grabs my hand looking down at me. 

"That's what pepper spray is for so stop worrying so much.", "But-" he was cut off by my phone ringing thank the Lord. "I'm outside and holy shit girl this house is HUGE!!" Akria screeches in the phone. 

"Ok I'll be down in a second" I laugh hanging up the phone. I run and grab my purse and Akira's gift. I turn to say bye to Jason expecting to see a sad puppy dog face but instead I see anger. Like literal red faced anger and this time a flash of black in his eyes. The hell is his problem?

"Bye Jason" I run out the room and down the stairs. On my way out the door I bump into Mrs.Allen. "Hey Mrs.Allen, sorry. My friends here so I'm leaving" I say side stepping pass her.