Why do You Care?

I hate Cameron with a burning passion. I stare at her stupid grin from across the room. I want to smack her, how does it always end up like this? Ugh I swear if we were alone right now I would blow my shit but people are watching and I have a reputation to upkeep.

"Vivian? Did you hear me?" Mrs Berry, our homeroom teacher asks while lowering her glasses to glare at me, "you and Cameron will be partners for the camping trip next week. Is that alright?" I want to snap her perky little rectangle glasses.
"Yes that's fine." I say through my teeth as I grip the legs of my desk.
"Good, now does everyone know their partners?" Mrs Berry asks the class. There is a chorus of agreement as I stare bullets into the back of Cameron's head. Look at me! As if she could read minds, Cameron looks back at me with her grin. Next week is going to kill me.

I sit with Jenna and Quinn while we eat lunch, I try to focus on messaging my boyfriend but he's no fun.
"So who did you get as a partner for the trip?" Jenna asks me while popping her gum.
"Cameron." I state blankly while looking up at her.
"Why do we hate her again?" Quinn asks. Quinn has always been the dumb one in the group.
"She's just a bitch." I say while sipping out of my iced coffee, "anyways, who did you guys get?" I ask them.
"Each other." Jenna says popping her gum once more.

Jenna always chews gum, it's like her thing. If she sees anyone else in the school chewing gum she goes up to them and tells them it's her thing. She reminds me Violet Beauregarde from Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory but of course I would never tell her that.

Jenna has short, straight, shiny, brown hair that she never puts up, she often argues with the gym teachers about them making her wear a pony tail and it is priceless. I have a video of it somewhere but it's too hard to find. She is about my height with an amazing figure, she's probably slept with a fourth of the boys in the school and the other three fourths would kill to have that chance as well.

Jenna's style is anything pink and slick, she says that the pink makes her skin looks better, I mean whatever she wants to tell herself. She can insist she's tan all she wants but everyone knows she's a pasty white. Unlike me, I actually can tan and I like too.

Quinn is... different. She's a perfect example of Karen from Mean Girls, I swear she would eat a rock if I told her it was candy. She has short straight hair like Jenna, but it's blond with bangs, which really helps with the whole Karen look. Personally, I think blonde bangs look horrendous, I would never cut bangs into my hair, even though it is light brown I still think they would look ridiculous. The only thing that is different between Quinn and Karen is that she is saving herself for God knows what reason, well actually God is the reason, she is quite religious.

"I'm super excited!" Quinn says while trying to stab the last piece of lettuce in her salad.
"Well I'm not, camping is lame." Jenna says scrolling through her phone. I see Quinn roll her eyes.

I hear a buzz from my phone and check it. Among the many texts from my boyfriend Mark, there is one from Cameron. I clench my teeth and stare at it.

I should probably give a little background information about why I despise Cameron.

When me and Cameron were in the 7th grade we were super close, to the point where we knew everything about each other, or at least I thought I knew everything about her.

Cameron always was a tomboy, she never wanted to do makeovers or go shopping, she liked her ripped jeans and band shirts. But I never expected her to be a lesbian.

One night while me and Cameron were out in my yard looking at the stars she turned to me. She told me a lot of things I didn't fully understand, like how she really, really liked me. I furrowed my brows and she leaned in and tried to kiss me!