It's Complicated

"Go long!" Mark yells at Nathan. Me, Cam, Quinn, Mark, and Nathan decided to all spend a day at the beach together. It's been over a month since we all started hanging out and it's been the best month of my life.

Me and Quinn laugh in the water while watching the boys mess around. Cam is laying on a towel sun bathing. She looks especially good in a bathing suit.

Quinn has really come a long way since a month ago. Her parents don't approve but Quinn isn't letting that stop her.

"They are so stupid." Quinn laughs as Nathan trips over nothing and falls into the sand.
"Well what do you expect." I say and Quinn laughs.

"Ya know, I thought you and Cam were dating." Quinn says.
"Well... it's complicated." I say. Quinn seems uncomfortable but she pushes herself to be better, I'm really happy she's trying.
"What do you mean complicated?" She asks.
"It's a long story." I sigh.
"We have time." She says. I smile, Quinn has always been so caring.
"Well... before I knew you and Jenna, in the eight grade me and Cam were good friends. One day she tries to kiss me and... and I kissed back." Quinn's eyes widen but she doesn't show any signs of being to uncomfortable. "And it scared me... I didn't want to be gay, so I left her over the summer. I just stopped talking to her. I met you guys in high school and she was always bothering us because I really hurt her. And that went on for a couple years then we got assigned on the camping trip. Even after all I put her through she still was nice to me. After the camping trip we hung out and I kissed her... but she pulled away and left because she thought I would leave again, she remembered all the pain I put her through and she didn't want to go through it again so she left... and now we are in this weird zone of friendly tension." I finish explaining.

"Wow." Quinn says wide eyed.
"Yeah." I scoff. Suddenly I am hit in the head with a football and I go down. I get up and Nathan is standing with his hands over his mouth grinning.
"How dare you!" I yell jokingly.

Cam seems to rise from her towel and she glares at Nathan. They have become pretty good friends, we all have. Nathan look scared and he starts running.
"Get back here and apologize!" She yells running after him.

Me, Quinn, and Mark, all laugh as they run into the parking lot and out of sight. Me and Quinn get out of the water and walk up to Mark.
"We should probably get them before Cam beats him up." Mark jokes.
"Yeah." Me and Quinn both say in unison as we laugh.

After awhile of searching we find Cam sitting on a bench eating a hotdog with a pouting Nathan next to her.
"What's with the face?" Mark says as we all walk around them.
"Cam hurt my shoulder." He whines. Cam just eats her hotdog with a grin.
"Oh boo hoo, you hurt my head." I say which earns a laugh from Mark and a snort form Cam.

"Where did you get the food?" I ask Cam.
"There is a stand down the road." She says. The beach is really busy today so I bet there is a number of stands and food trucks.
"Take me?" I make puppy dog eyes. She rolls her eyes and stands up.
"Yay!" I say as I follow her.

"Sooooo good." I say as I eat a hamburger. Cam laughs and I elbow her in the shoulder. The sun is setting and me and Cam are on some rocks over looking the beach. Everyone else went to get some beers from Marks truck.

I lean against Cams shoulder as I watch the sky. It's so beautiful.
"I wish everyday could be like this." I say. Cam looks at me and I smile.
"Eh today hasn't been perfect." She says with a shrug.
"What? Why?" I say annoyed. I planned this whole day out.
"Because I haven't done this yet."
"Done wha-"

Cam interrupts me with a kiss. At first I'm taken back and she nearly pulls away but I push myself to to her to show I want it.

My stomach does backflips as Cams lips move against mine. We pause for a moment but still stay face to face, not opening our eyes. I feel her warm breath against my face and we reconnect.