Chapter 5

"Hello? Is anyone out there?" Dipper called out

He was once again outside in the forest in the middle of the night.

"Of course I'm here Pine Tree! Why would you think I would leave you?" cried out Bill's voice

"Ugh, why are you here Bill?" Dipper asked

"Was I not clear when I said 'see you later'?"

"No- I mean yes, but- ugh, what do you want Bill?"

"Did anything strange happen today Pine Tree?" Bill asked, circling around Dipper as if examining him.

"No..." Dipper lied while swatting Bill away like a fly.

"Don't forget, I can read minds kid!"

Dipper sighed, "Fine. Something a little strange DID happen today."

"Tell me about it, kid." said Bill while pulling up two chairs he made from snapping his fingers for them to sit on.

Dipper sat down and, for some reason, told Bill everything about his day.

Dipper wasn't sure why he was telling Bill about his day, but who else could he talk to at this hour?

And the weirdest part was that Bill was actually listening and paying attention about everything Dipper had to say.

When Dipper finally finished, his face was filled with tears.

"I don't want Mabel to stay mad at me for the rest of the summer!" Dipper cried between sniffs.

"Whoa kid, slow the water works." Bill said as he gave Dipper a tissue. "I'll explain everything, as soon as you stop crying."

Dipper wiped away his tears and gave Bill a look that said, "What did you do?"

"All right Pine Tree, you were gonna find out sooner or later (I just didn't know you were gonna find out so fast!)"

"Find what out?" Dipper asked

"Your body was WAY too good to go to waste Pine Tree, so before I got kicked out of it, I left a little bit of my magic inside of you."

"YOU DID WHAT?!" Dipper yelled

Dipper suddenly didn't feel comfortable in his body, everything just felt... wrong now.

"Your powers? Inside me?!" Dipper said while putting his hands to his chest.

"You see, the magic inside you won't stay small forever, it'll slowly start growing until you become just like me! I just didn't know that it would start growing so fast! The magic brought your anger out into an OUTBURST in just seconds! And the muscle memory that caused you to snap you fingers? Kid, you almost set all of Gravity Falls on fire!" Bill said, impressed with all that Dipper did.

"I-... I did that?!" Dipper said and suddenly felt light headed.

"I think I'm gonna fain-"

"Whoa there Pine Tree! Can't have you fainting in your own dream!" Bill said while catching Dipper from falling.

"Wait, a dream?" Dipper said, still a little dazed

"It's just a dream!" Dipper said happily but sounding a little demented, "You're just trying to mess with my head! This is all fake!"

"Am I Pine Tree?" Bill asked "Cause that reflection you saw in the mirror earlier didn't seem fake."

Bill snapped his fingers and brought out a mirror in front of Dipper.

Dipper looked closely and saw that his right eye was once again a light shade of yellow and his pupil seemed less round and more slitted.

Dipper gasped, "No... NO! I won't accept it!"

He backed away from the mirror, suddenly afraid of himself.

"Believe what you want kid, but the proof is right in front of you."

"NO! TAKE IT BACK!" Dipper barked as his eye turned into a darker shade of yellow and his pupil became more slitted.

"I can't take it back kid, but I can tell you what we CAN do."

"What?" Dipper asked with a small growl

"I can teach you how to use your powers so you don't hurt anyone else."

"Hurt?" Dipper said as his eye turned back to normal, remembering how he made Mabel cry that day.

"This sort of power can be very dangerous without any training Pine Tree. Do you really want to end up hurting someone else?"

"No..." Dipper said sadly.

"Great! Then tomorrow at 3 PM, go outside and my magic will lead you towards me. Then we can start your training!"

"Won't my family notice that I'm gone?" Dipper asked

"Don't worry about it kid! I'm sure you'll think of something! Just don't forget: your training to be a dream-demon starts at 3 PM!" Bill yelled as he disappeared into the night sky.

"Ok!" Dipper yelled back; waving goodbye, "Wait... a dream-demon?!"

And just like that- Dipper once again woke up on his bed in a cold sweat.

He turned to his left and saw that Mabel was still sleeping, but it seemed like she was having a nightmare.

Dipper sighed and laid back down on his bed and stared at the ceiling.

"How can I make it up to her?" Dipper thought as he dozed off right back to sleep.