Caiyi Town part 2

After they had their meal, Wei Ying excuses himself with the kids, while Lan Zhan pays for the meal.
Ah Yuan: where r we going mom
WY: its a surprise
Wei Ying takes them to the top of a mountain.
WY: Isn't it beautiful. Look do u see the small town, that's Gusu.(pointing somewhere else) and that's Yunmeg.
As he stares at all the beautiful view 6 years later, nostalgia hits him hard. He realizes how nothing has changed about this place, but how his life was completely different.
WY: from this mountain u can see all the 5 sects. This is your momma's secret place. You are not supposed to share it with anyone.
LZ: Wei Ying

Wei Ying Turns around to look at his husband but doesn't say anything. Meanwhile Lan Zhan stares at him longingly as he remembers the last time they were here.

6 years ago...
WY: Lan Zhan!! I can tell we're climbing a mountain. Let me take off this blindfold!! Don't you dare throw me off this mountain! I know I'm a very annoying wife but you can't get rid of me like this!! I'll come back and haunt you for the rest of your life. LAN ZHAN!!
LZ: Have patience.
WY: Tell me first, why are you dragging me to the top of the mountain?
LZ: You will see.
As they reach their destination Lan Zhan takes off the blindfold and Wei Blinks few times as he gets adjusted to the view. For someone who talks so much even he was mesmerized and dumbfounded.
LZ: This place is very special to me. It helps me calm down
WY: And you brought me here? ( laughs) You wanted to balance out my annoying nature don't you?
LZ: No. I want you to meet me here exactly 2 weeks later. At dusk.
Hearing that Wei Ying suddenly stops smiling and looks at Lan Zhan with concern.
WY: Are you, going somewhere? And if yes, can't I come with you?
LZ: No. Not yet. I promise this will be the last time we will ever have to part.
Wei Ying thinks to himself and finally smiles
WY: Okay!! Finally I can drink while I am night hunting. I miss that so much. I'm going to make the most out of these 2 weeks.
LZ: hm
2 weeks later when he headed back to the mountain he had some pretty exciting news to tell his husband.He smiled as he touched his belly .It was going to be happiest moment of his life. But unfortunately on the mountain it was just him, for almost a week. He didn't want to give up hope, as time passed he had to let go of finding him there. He even went to Gusu to look for him, but unfortunately without an invitation any outsiders were not allowed. Who knew, those 2 weeks would turn out to be six years.

At present...

As Lan Zhan remembers how he failed to keep his promise all those years ago, he looks away unable to look at Wei Ying in the eyes. He might have failed back then, but he doesn't want to fail now. He promised Wei Ying they will never have to part again. He was going to try his best this time.

As it becomes evening they decide to come down, but on the way back they overhear some people about some festival that was taking place in the town.
JY: lets go there momma
WY: no its late we need to go back
Yuan: please mom please
JY: yes mom I have never seen this much light before lets go there please
LZ: We have to go back by 8pm
WY: Well then guess what we r going to the festival
LZ: But... The rules...
WY: lets go kids quick
LZ: But...
Before Lan Zhan can say something Wei Ying runs away with the kids. Knowing he won't be able to convince them, he follows them without further ado.
Yuan: look at these lanterns
JY: yes they r so beautiful
Somewhere between all those people Lan Zhan managed to get separated from rest of them. Wei Ying was so busy playing with the kids and enjoying the view that it took him time to notice.
WY: Did u see him jingyi?
JY: Who mom?
WY: Lan Zhan... i mean ur rich gege
JY: no mom
He starts to look for lan zhan remembering how he hates crowds and worried wether he was lost or not, when suddenly he hears a voice.
LZ: Wei Ying
Lan Zhan appears with something in his hand, while Wei Ying runs towards him.
WY: where did u go?
Wei Ying looks at Lan Zhan's hand to see that he is holding a lantern and immediately starts laughing.
WY: Lan Zhan do u like bunny
Hearing that Lan Zhan's ears turns red
WY: I can't imagine our Hanguan Jun actually likes bunny in secret
Avoiding the comment Lan Zhan looks towards JingYi, and shows him the lantern. Meanwhile Wei Ying blushes when he realises that he said 'our' hanguanjun.
LZ: This is for you.
WY: Lan zhan don't spoil them
LZ: But... He liked it.
WY: Jingyi say thank you to hangwan jun
JingYi: Thank you Hanguan jun
LZ: Mn *nods *
Lan Zhan nods at Jing Yi and looks at him softly while giving him the lantern. Suddenly they hear people gathering at a certain place so they decide to take a look. They see a group of people performing local folklores.
Yuan: What's that mommy? Those people have dressed beautifully
WY: They are going to perform in stage.
Jing Yi tries to jump to see the performance but due to his small height he is unable to do so. Seeing that, Lan Zhan takes him and places him on one on his shoulder.
Yuan: me too, me too
Hearing his request he picks him up and places him on his other shoulder.
WY: Ah Yuan, what are you doing? Get down
Yuan: No!! I don't want to.
LZ: It's okay. Let them stay.
The Place start to get more crowded as suddenly someone pushes Wei Ying and he brushes against Lan Zhan. Amidst the crowd they overhear people talking about a mansion which has been empty for a decade, but to this day people hear painful sobs coming from there. There is a rumour that the whole family was murdered. Hearing that Wei Ying and Lan Zhan turn and their eyes meet both of which were loaded with concern. After the show is over they decide to get some food and rest.
LZ: It's late, we shall find a place to spend the night here
They go to a nearby inn to spend the night.
WY: Mr. Can we get 2 rooms with a bath?
Inn keeper: sorry only one room is available. Due to the festival all the rooms are full.
LZ: We'll take it
Wei Ying widens his eyes and looks at Lan Zhan, but knowing that they have to make most of the situation he doesn't try to contradict him.
WY: How about u guys check the room and I will bring some food.
And wine. Of course he doesn't say that out loud knowing Lan Zhan
LZ: Mn (nods).
They go upstairs and seeing how the kids we're tired he puts them to bed. Ah Yuan falls asleep immediately while JingYi stays awake playing with the lantern he received today. Lan Zhan decides to take bath before Wei Ying arrives. When he is done, he turns around to get his clothes only to find Wei Ying standing at the door staring at him with a curious and concerned look.