Epilogue

PARIS, 2023

PARIS, 2023

Aimee's Point of View

HEAVYHEARTED. That was what I feel. Imagine having an unfulfilled love - a love scorned by time and the rage of war. You could say it was the right person at the wrong time. To ease the uneasy feeling I had, I joined my father on a business trip to France, just to briefly visit the cemetery where Monsieur Gabriel was laid to rest.

As I walked through the cemetery, I felt something strange. It was as if I had been there and walked that path before, even though it was my first time in that place. It was like deja vu, but I let it be, for what mattered most was finding the grave of my great-grandmother's true love.

When I finally reached the grave, I was surprised to see my boyfriend, Gavin, standing in front of Monsieur Gabriel's tomb. I hesitated whether to call out to him or not since he was solemnly looking at the tomb, but being a curious person, I did call out, "Gavin, what are you doing here in France?"

He turned to me and gave me a sweet smile. "Mon amour, I am revisiting my home, and now, finally, I have found my home."

I was confused. "What do you mean?"

"Let us just say we have already met before, Aimee, or should I say, Amelie Laurent." I was completely taken aback as everything dawned on me. He was the reincarnation of Monsieur Gabriel, and I was the reincarnation of my own great-grandmother, Madame Amelie. "Our romance may had faltered during the Great War, but I have waited a hundred years for you to return to me, and finally, you have found me, so I must humbly ask...

...Madame Amelie: Will you, like a shooting star in the night sky, run away with me, again?"