3. The box... with a box

Kinda modern au because they send photos?

Sorry about the title couldn't think of anything good that doesn't give it away

Marvin was walking around his room nervously. Whizzer was in the hospital, and it was worrying the crap out of him. Charlotte practically forced him not to visit that day. She promised to call to let him know if Whizzer's fine.

Marvin stopped to look at the clock. It was 2:53 in the morning. He looked at himself in the mirror. He was a complete mess: there were dark markings under his eyes, and his hair was a disaster. He sat down on the bed and sighed loudly. What was he supposed to do?

Suddenly something happened that caused him to jump. He sure wasn't expecting it.

His phone buzzed, meaning someone sent him a text.

It was... It was Whizzer.

Marvin opened the message, and sighed with relief, a smile appearing on his face. Whizzer sent him a photo, showing he is well. Under the photo, there was a text saying, "Im alive come see me".

Jumping up from the bed, Marvin ran to the car and headed to the hospital. He rushed through the door, confusing the few people waiting there, and into the room where Whizer was. He smiled once he saw him sitting on his bed and reading something.

"Whizzer, hi."

He looked up and smiled. "Hey, I missed you."

Marvin walked up and hugged him. "I was so scared..." he whispered. "I missed you, too."

Charlotte walked in. "Hi, Marvin, I was just gonna call you."

He looked at her. "Well, now you don't have to."

"I can see that. Note that he'll have to stay here for a few more days, then he can go back to living with you."

Whizzer and Marvin just hugged each other tighter. "I can't wait," Marvin said.

*tIme skip*

Whizzer was lying in his hospital bed the day before he gets to move back to his and Marvin's apartment. He was supposed to stay here with Charlotte while Marvin and Cordelia would clean up. It better look presentable for Whizzer to go live there again. Then he remembered something.

"Cordelia?" he called. She came to him. "Yeah?"

Whizzer made sure Marvin wasn't listening, then said, "There's a little nightstand by my side of the bed. In it, there's a little cardboard box. Make sure Marvin doesn't see you, take it and bring it to me, please."

She nodded. "Okay."

*another tIme skip*

"Here's your box," Cordelia said quietly while giving it to Whizzer. "What's in it?"

"You'll see," he replied with a smirk. Marvin walked in.

"Hey, how do you feel?" he asked.

"Pretty good, actually."

"You excited about moving back in tomorrow?"

Whizzer nodded. "Now, Cordelia, could you leave us alone for a moment? Thanks."

"Okay," she said, walking out. Marvin now had a confused look on his face. "What is it?" he asked.

Whizzer smiled. "Hold on."

He took the box, opening it and revealing another one inside. He then got out of bed and down on one knee.

"Whizzer, I..."

"Marvin," he began, opening the smaller box with a beautiful ring inside, "will you marry me?"

Marvin's eyes sparkled as tears filled them. "I... Yes!" he said in a high-pitched voice, hugging Whizzer, who had the biggest smile across his face. "I will."

Then there was cheering from the other side of the door. "Can we come in now?!" followed. Once they got the permission, everyone walked in to congratulate Marvin and Whizzer: Charlotte, Cordelia, also Trina, Jason and Mendel, who came to visit.

"I'm so happy for you guys!" Cordelia said, hugging both of them. The others joined in. "Can we see the ring?" Trina asked, looking at it. "It's beautiful."

"And... You're okay with this?" Marvin asked her. She smiled, hugging him. "I am now."

A/N i tried my best and it still sucks but thank you