7. the hill

Okay but imagine they live out in the country or something

The picture... It's too beautiful, i'm obsessed with this kind of things

Marvin breathed in the fall air, the gentle wind ruffling his hair (wow that rhymes). Some fallen leaves flew by, and a dog was howling somewhere in the distance, but too far away for him to notice. The thing that made that scene even better was Whizzer sitting right next to him on the greenish-yellow grass. Marvin put his head on Whizzer's shoulder as they both admired the view of the forest below.

They came here pretty often, whether it was to forget about everything or just relax. They sometimes had picnics there with Charlotte and Cordelia, sometimes Jason, but most of the time they were there alone, either reading or just doing nothing. It amazed them all the time: the birds were always chirping in spring, in summer, it was hot, so it was good to go out there with a CapriSun or something, in fall, the leaves turned all kinds of shades of red and orange, it seemed like the world was blushing for an unknown reason, and the snow and the frost during winter made the place look like a palace.

Marvin sighed. "What?" Whizzer asked, smiling warmly at him. "This is probably going to turn out really cheesy, but... Being here with you tops everything," Marvin replied. Whizzer laughed softly. "That's good enough," he said, putting his arm around Marvin's shoulder.

---

"Aren't you cold?" Whizzer asked, looking at Marvin. "It's getting dark."

"N-no," Marvin said, slightly shaking. "I w-want to s-stay here."

Whizzer sighed. "I'll go get the blankets."

He soon returned, carrying a whole pile of those. He set one down so they could lie down on it, gave one to Marvin and covered himself in the remaining one. "Are you better?" he asked Marvin, who now was also covered in a blanket. "Yes."

"Good."

They both lay down and looked at the sky instead of the woods that seemed to stretch forever. The first stars of that evening were beginning to appear. Soon, the sky developed a dark shade of blue, and the lights filled it almost completely. One of them fell quickly, and there was one less of these now.

"Make a wish, Marvin," Whizzer said, coming up with one himself.

I wish... I wish for things stay the way they are right now.

"Let's hope that wasn't a comet," Marvin said, recieving a kiss on the cheek from Whizzer, who smiled at the comment. "I'm sure it wasn't."

I hope it wasn't, he thought, closing his eyes and almost drifting off to sleep, but of course that didn't work.

"Whizzer."

"Wait..."

"Whiz, it's past midnight, I'm cold and scared."

It was Marvin, of course. Whizzer opened his eyes. "What are you so scared of?" he asked.

"Listen."

He tried his best to hear what Marvin wanted him to, and finally heard a low howl from the forest.

"What if it gets here?" Marvin asked with a hint of fear in his voice.

Whizzer sighed. Who knew that out of all things, Marvin was scared by a wolf far away. "Come on," he said. "You'll be safer at home."

A/N i actually enjoyed writing this and i have no idea what to say next so i'll just skip to the what a lovely day part