Chapter 6

Immediately she felt herself surrounded by cold air hitting her quickly.
She peaked open an eye to see that her and Jack were high in the air, flying.
She looked over at him and noticed his happy expression. He was clearly enjoying himself.
He felt free.
And now, so did Rapunzel.

Rapunzel laughed in disbelief, "We... We're flying!" she exclaimed.
Jack turned his head, and briefly studied her.
He let out a chuckle, "Ahah. Yeah we are."
Since Rapunzel's arms were both full she patted the side of her head on Jack's shoulder.
"Hm?" He acknowledged.
She gestured her book below them, "I know we're kind of pressured for time right now but... Can we just go on the ground? Only for a moment. I've never been this close to snow before."
Jack narrowed his eyebrows processing how unfilling this girl's life was. "Is this another favor?" he joked at her.
Rapunzel glared at him, "Nope, not a favor, it is completely up to you."
Jack chuckled, "Alright." he paused, "You know I just had this weird idea. I know we don't have much time but how about we go down to see the snow."
Rapunzel's eyes lit up, "Do you really mean it?"
"Yeah, after all... It was my idea."

He gently let her onto the snow.
Her toes curled into the icy ground.
She looked up at him, smiling, "It's so cold!" she shouted.
Jack leaned into his staff, "It is snow, what were you expecting?"
Teary eyed Rapunzel began hopping between her feet, "I don't know, I never thought I'd be able to feel it." she admitted quickly plopping into the snow.
"What are you doing?" Jack observed, "Isn't it cold?"
Rapunzel laid back into it, "Yes, of course it's cold. But it's..."
"It's what?"
"Comforting." She laughed wiping away the icy tears, "You must think I'm weird, huh?"
Jack relaxed when hearing her describe the feeling snow gave her. Not many people found the cold comforting. "Impossible."

With a cheeky grin Jack laid beside her and began waving his arms and legs in the snow.
"What are you doing?" she asked him confused.
"I'm making a snow angel!" he declared.
"A what?"
He chuckled, "Just copy me."
She mimicked his movements.
"What does this do exactly? I don't mind it but I'm just not in the proper attire to be rolling around in the snow." Rapunzel explained.
Jack got up on his feet and looked over he snow indent and Rapunzel, "Come see for yourself."
Rapunzel complied and stood beside him. She smiled. So contagious Jack eventually joined her.
She then broke the pleasant silence and leaned her head closer to Jack's ear, "What am I supposed to be looking at?" she questioned.
Jack chuckled and pointed his staff toward the indents their arms were making, "Well, see... We made an angel in the snow. This is the wings."
Rapunzel looked and tried to imagine the image in her head, "I see now. So your angel is a girl too."
"What? No why would it be a girl?"
"Because she's wearing a dress." Rapunzel defended.
Jack blinked a few times, "That... that's not a dress it's a manly robe."
Rapunzel tilted her head and rested her hand on her chin, "No, nope. That definitely looks like a dress to me. Or maybe even a long skirt." she suggested.
Jack shook his head, "If anything else it's a kilt. But no, still a robe."
Rapunzel nodded, "Okay, so either a Scottish man skirt... Or a girly robe."
"I said it was a manly robe." Jack added.
"Don't quote me on this but I'm pretty sure coats are primarily worn on woman." Rapunzel mocked.
Jack shifted his eyes, "But they can be worn by guys."
Rapunzel quickly bent down and scooped up a handful of snow, "If you say so."
Jack squinted at his snow angel.
As he was studying it Rapunzel put down Pascal and her before while she slowly crept away before throwing the ball of snow at the back of Jack's head.
Shocked and wide eyed Jack slowly turned around putting Rapunzel back in his line of vision.
"Did you just--" he asked before stopping himself.
Rapunzel put her hands over her mouth containing her laughter.
Unsuspectingly a toothy grin plastered onto Jack's face, "I don't know if it was the wisest decision to start a snow ball fight with someone who creates snow." he warned before making a snowball appear out of thin air.
Rapunzel watched in amazement before ducking behind a nearby tree.
"Bet it doesn't help that I can fly either." Jack reminded her before dashing to the other side of the tree.
He threw the snowball at the back of her head.
"Hey, flying is cheating." she distracted before running off.
Jack closed his eyes, "No it's a quirk I'm using to my advantage." he explained.
Rapunzel threw another snowball at him before crouching behind a pile of snow.
He studied the area in the direction the snowball was thrown, "Where did you go?" he asked dumbfounded.
As he looked near her she attached her hair to a tree so she could swing away undetected.
In a low branch on tree she threw another snow ball at him causing him to instantly turn around.
She giggled as the two made eye contact.
"How did you-"
"I used a quirk to my advantage." she winked.
Several ducks, hits and throws later the two were exhausted.
Rapunzel plopped onto her back and Jack sat beside her, she heavily breathed out, "Well... it's safe to say I'm not... cold anymore." she joked huffing between words.
"Heh... Yeah" Jack responded barely acknowledging what she was saying do to the rapid thumping of his pulse.
Rapunzel rest her hand on her heart, "I don't think my heart's beat this fast... Ever." she continued.
"Here, feel." she said to Jack, sitting up and grabbing his hand, resting it on her chest. "Isn't that crazy? It's so weird."
Jack froze in place after she had grabbed hold of his wrist. Now his hand was awkwardly on top Rapunzel's chest and he didn't move it do to him spacing out.
As he snapped back into reality he instantly jumped and pulled back his arm. His red face now detectable from miles away.
Rapunzel didn't notice what he was thinking nor could she fathom how awkward the situation was. She continued to sit and smile as she took in the wonderful view.
She then grabbed the story and her quivering chameleon. "Okay, I'm ready to start heading to Sandy."