❁ ᴍᴜʀᴘʜʏ ᴍᴄɴᴜʟʟʏ

This will divide y'all, especially those of you who play Hogwarts Mystery. 

Now, context for those who don't play Hogwarts Mystery.

Murphy McNully is a Wizard you meet during the Quidditch side quests. You can be his friend (I'm level 5 friendship with him). His year isn't shown in the list of people you can be friends with as the Quidditch side quests take place on a slightly different timeline where the MC is in 2nd year no matter what year you're in on the actual story line. (The quidditch timeline also doesn't include the Likes of Charlie Weasley and Andre Egwu, who both play quidditch in second year.)

He is disabled and is wheelchair bound. He is extremely talkative and uses A LOT of statistics. He's the Quidditch Commentator and aspires to be a Professional Commentator after Hogwarts. He's very supportive of MC and helps them with strategy, including teaching them one he created. 

He's in the same house as MC however has the personality of a Slytherin or Ravenclaw (Slytherin because of his ambition and he's resourceful, determined and kinda sneaky tbh. Ravenclaw because he's open minded, incredibly intelligent and is extremely talented in the things he enjoys). Personally, I believe he's in the same year as MC or the year above them as his first time commentating on the Quidditch Cup is during MC's first match. 

Heres my opinions on him.

He's the best thing to happen to Harry Potter. Firstly, Disabled wizard! That's something you DO NOT see in the original series. It shows that not every muggle problem can be solved with magic. (Not a clue how he gets to class but yanno, there's probably magic for that). He talks SO much but everything he says will help you in one way or another. 

I believe, along with Charlie, He's Autistic. He always speaks about Quidditch. His special interest is Quidditch. He compiles every bit of information he can from the players and has a scouting report for each of them. He creates his own strategies. He eats, sleeps, breathes Quidditch. 

He's my favourite character because I, along with a lot of Autistic Harry Potter fans, relate to him. Him being included in the game showed a lot of us that its okay to be over talkative and infodump people (This one very much applies to me). Also he makes this big speech after a game of Wizard's chess which personally, as an autistic girl, resonates a lot with me. The speech is this *SPOILERS FROM QUIDDITCH SEASON 1 CHAPTER 7*

"Besides, today is my first house match, too, you know. But when I come into a new spot, I know what I'm up against, how I'll be remembered when I leave.. Not as 'That wizard with the dashing haircut...' Or 'That wizard with the stellar commentary skills...' Or 'That wizard who's a Quidditch genius and will kick your bum at Wizard's Chess...' No, it will always be 'That wizard in the wheelchair.' Which I am, of course. But I'm all of the other things, too. So I'm always trying to show everyone all that I am, all at once, and all at the moment I meet them. Perhaps it's why I'm so quick to push my words and ideas out into the Quidditch World..."

Anyone with any form of disability knows how it feels to be just known as "That kid with *Insert Disability*" and it hurts when you know you have more to you than your disability. I genuinely cried when I read that quote. Someone put into words how I felt. In an ableist world where disabled characters do not get proper representation, this character genuinely restored my faith that Disabled people can be represented properly. 

In summary, Murphy McNully, as annoying as he is to most people, represents Disabled people better than most disabled characters do and shows traits of Autism well without romanticizing or demonizing it.