✐𝐃𝐢𝐚𝐥𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐬 & 𝐚𝐜𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐬

I confess my disappointed.

Anyone who lives in the UK knows, as well as I do, that there is more to the England than the West Country (Somerset, Devon, etc) and London. Even Scotland and Ireland and Wales have different dialects for different areas.

Some dialects are so easy to write in as well.
Take the Birmingham accent/dialect.
I'm from Birmingham so for me it's easier to write but like little things like extra contractions for things like It would have (It'd've) and taking off 'g' at the end of words like 'something' (Somethin') or 'changing' (Changin')

Little things like that give more representation. It's like all the Quidditch teams being in South West England? No. That wouldn't happen. You'd definitely have teams in like Birmingham, Newcastle and Manchester/Liverpool. Wizards would live there, even if it was on the outskirts of the cities in the countryside.

The biggest cities aren't mentioned in the series at all besides London which  kinda sucks because with 200+ students you'd have thought that over half have them would have different accents and dialects.

I get that JKR based everything off places she knew but it's not that hard to add people from places other than the West Country and London.

For example, minor characters. Pansy Parkinson could have been from Newcastle. Michael Corner could have been from Manchester. Zacharias Smith (even tho I'd happily kill him off) could have been from Birmingham.

It just doesn't make sense as to why she couldn't add one or two dialects. I hate saying it but it's kinda lazy writing.

(When i get around to publishing my own Harry Potter story (I'm on first drafts but I'm starting second drafts soon hopefully) there will be characters from all over the UK and I'll be attempting to accurately represent their dialects and accents.)