♡ sᴇᴠᴇʀᴜs sɴᴀᴘᴇ

This chapter may contain triggers. If you are triggered by stalking and harassment please take caution when reading. I will highlight where there may be triggers.

This chapter is very personal. I will be talking about things that have happened to me and ANY insensitive comments will be deleted

Now that's out of the way, let's talk about Professor Severus Snape.

He divides a lot of opinion. I personally despise this character. Let me explain why.

Trigger warnings may be present here.

I have been in a similar situation to the Lily - Snape - James situation that we're all familiar with. For those that are unfamiliar with it, Lily and Snape were best friends until Snape called her a Mudblood. He was practicing dark arts and she didn't like it as well. There was also the rivalry between James and Snape, both of whom fancied Lily. James did bully Snape HOWEVER Snape gave as good as he got, It's important you remember that. It's important to remember we see a lot of this through Snape's eyes, not James or Lily's so the view we have is not entirely what happened. Moving on. Lily refuses to forgive Snape, understandably, and distances herself from him and his friends who are all becoming death eaters etc. whilst she goes and becomes closer friends with the Marauders, eventually dating and then marrying James. You know what happens from there. *Insert Harry Potter in 99 seconds*

Well for me, the guy (we'll name him Severus for the sake of privacy 'nd shit) tried to isolate me from my friends, Kinda like voldy does to Harry. He made up things, called me names and then blamed it on my friends so that he would be my only friend. Luckily, I saw through the lies he was feeding me and made up with my friends and distanced myself from him (TRIGGER WARNING FROM HERE). That's when he took to social media, making fake accounts etc to get pictures of me from my private account, to get close to me. This got to the point of me having to go to the police because he told me he knew where I lived and that he'd stood outside my house when he'd stormed out of school etc. (There's a lot more but it's unimportant to this specific story). 

This all happened during my GCSE year (O.W.L year). Ironically the same time as it happened to Lily. But that is largely why I despise Snape. Obviously, I don't expect y'all to hate him because of something that happened to me. I just shared that for y'all to understand why I hate him before going on with my other opinions on Snape.

Okay, Now that the personal stuff is out of the way.

Can we talk about how this man, a man who in 1991 is 31, BULLIED children. Bullied in Caps because anyone who tells me it wasn't bullying is wrong and needs to be told that now.

Bullying is abuse that comes day in, day out in order to hurt and affect the victim and can come in more ways than physical bullying. Snape is a verbal and emotional bully. He is an ABUSIVE person. An abusive childhood DOES NOT excuse bullying 11 to 18 year old students at the age of 31 - 38/9. An abusive childhood DOES NOT excuse threatening to KILL a student's pet. Snape was a BAD PERSON. 

He was a Wizard N*zi(Not getting banned today lads). He called his so called best friend A SLUR. Then joins the Death Eaters, an organisation that want to rule and humiliate muggle born wizards, something that Lily is. 

Argue that James was no better and didn't deserve Lily, I dare you. Yes, James WAS a douche-bag in his first to sixth years. BUT he realised Lily would not love him whilst he was acting like a tosser (Asshole for you Americans) so he GREW THE FUCK UP. Something we've all established Snape didn't. Neither of them were great people but the people who deserve respect are the ones who admit their wrongs and mature because of them (James, Percy Weasley, Regulus Black, Horace Slughorn, Draco Malfoy (Okay Draco can be argued but that isn't the point of this) etc)

Apparently, you can be redeemed by sending your Patronus to show the kid you bullied for 6 years where the Sword of Gryffindor, that you put in the bottom of a frozen like in the middle of winter in the forest of dean, is. Oh and by telling the same kid that they have their mothers eyes right before you die. 

Snape is an important character, yes. However, to say he's a bad to good character is bullshit. He made a promise to Dumbledore that he'd protect the students of Hogwarts, although I really doubt he did a lot for those who were muggle born (Or like Dean, believed they were muggleborn and had no proof that actually they were halfbloods.) as the likes of Dean Thomas, who had to go on the run, and Colin and Dennis Creevey were expelled simply for their blood status, the former Creevey dying for Dumbledore's army (Brb gonna cry over Colin's death). 

In conclusion, I believe Snape was an nonredeemable ass wipe.

I love Alan Rickman this is not an attack on Alan, he played and asshole character almost too well. Alan is Snape's only redeemable trait for me.