4

NO ONES POV

They have been walking together for a while and Dan and Dorothy were getting hungry and they saw a trees with apples and they tried to get one, but the tree took the apple and slapped their hands.

"What do you think your doing?" The tree asks.

"Well, we've been walking a long way and we were hungry" she stops and looks at the tree "did you say something?"

"They were hungry" they then heard other trees talking as well "we'll, how would you like to have someone come along and pick something off of you?"

"Oh, dear, I keep forgetting that I'm not in Kansas" Dorothy says.

"Come along guys, you don't want any of those apples" scarecrow says.

"Are you hinting my apples aren't what they ought to be?" The tree asks.

"Oh no, we just don't like little green worms" Dan says.

The tree then tries to grab them, but scarecrow distracted it and they backed away.

"I'll show how to get apples" scarecrow says while whispering and then he makes them mad and they throw the apples "hooray! I guess that did it. Help yourself"

They then gather the apples and Dorothy ends up finding a metal man.

"It's a man" she looks at them "a man made out of tin" Dorothy says and they come to her and look "see, look" she then bangs on it and they hear a noise coming from it "did you says something?"

All they could hear was humming coming from the metal man.

"I think he said oilcan?" Dan says.

"Oilcan what?" Scarecrow says.

"Oilcan?" She then sees it "oh, here it is" she grabs it "where do you want to be oiled first?"

He hums.

"He said his mouth" scarecrow says. He takes it from her and oils his mouth "here the other side"

Dan takes it and oils the other side and we see his mouth move and then open.

"Mm....Mm....Mm....my goodness! I can talk again! Oh!" Tin man says "oil my arms, please. Oil my elbows"

They do that and then lower his arm and he moans in relief.

"Oh, did that hurt?" Dorothy asks.

"No, it feels wonderful. I've held that ax up for ages" tin man says.

"Goodness" Dorothy says.

"How did you ever get like this?" Dan asks as they move him.

"Well, about a year ago...I was chopping that tree...when suddenly it began to rain. And right in a middle of a chop, I rusted solid" tin man says "and I've been that way ever since"

"Well, your perfect now" Dorothy says.

"My neck. My neck" tin man says and scarecrow oils his neck "perfect? Bang on my chest if you think I'm perfect" they just look at him "go ahead, bang on it!" Dan then bangs on it and it makes an echo.

"Beautiful! What an echo!" Scarecrow says.

"It's empty" he gets closer to them "the tinsmith forgot to give me a heart"

"No heart?" all 3 of them said.

"No heart. All hollow" tin man says and then bangs on his chest and almost falls and they try to catch him, but a tree stops the fall and he looks at them and starts to sing.

"When a man's an empty kettle
He should be on his mettle
And yet I'm torn apart
Just because I'm presumin'
That I could be kind of human
If I only had a heart
I'd be tender, I'd be gentle
And awful sentimental
Regarding love and art
I'd be friends with the sparrows
And the boy that shoots the arrows
If I only had a heart
Picture me a balcony
Above a voice sings low"

They then hear a woman's voice.

"Wherefore art thou, Romeo?

I hear a beat, how sweet!
Just to register emotion, jealousy, devotion
And really feel the part
I could stay young and chipper
And I'd lock it with a zipper
If I only had a heart"

He then starts dancing and they were watching and while they were watching they got an idea and talked in whispers and then they nod.

They then see him about to fall, but was fine and then the scarecrow grabbed him just before he fell and that made the scarecrow fall and tin man bangs into a cut tree.

"Are you alright?" Dorothy asks.

"I'm afraid I'm a little rusty" tin man says.

"Oh, dear" Dorothy then puts more oil on him to help him move more better "and that was wonderful"

"You know, we were talking and wondering if you wanted to come with us and ask the Wizard of Oz for a heart" Dan says.

"Suppose the Wizard wouldn't give me one when we got there" tin man says.

"Oh, but he will! He must! We've come such a long way already" Dorothy says.

Just then they heard laughing and that made them turn around and it was the witch.

"You call that long? Why, you've just begun!" The witch says "helping the young ones along, are you, my fine gentlemen? Well, stay away from them

"You call that long? Why, you've just begun!" The witch says "helping the young ones along, are you, my fine gentlemen? Well, stay away from them...or I'll stuff a mattress with you!" She points the scarecrow and then points to the tin man "and you! I'll use you for a beehive!" She then brings fire to her hand "here scarecrow, want to play ball" she then throws it.

Dan then went in front and put his hand out and the fire split in 2 and one goes back at her and the other half hits the ground and the scarecrow screams in fear of the fire.

She dodges the fire and laughs and disappears with a puff of red smoke.

When the fire was gone they help him up and they say that their not scared of her and that they are going to get them to the Wizard.

They then went on their journey, but Dan was wondering on how he did that.
===========================================