5

NO ONES POV

As they walked they came to a forest and it was dark and creepy and they were afraid of seeing lions and tigers and bears, oh my.

They then walk faster to get out of there and then they heard lion roaring and that made them stop and then they saw the lion coming this way.

He then jumped down from the stomp and Dorothy went to hide behind a tree and scarecrow fell on the ground and so did tin man and Dan stayed by Dorothy in front of her.

He then stands up.

"Put 'Em up! Put 'Em up!" The lion says "which one of you first? I'll fight you both together, if you want. I'll fight you with one paw tied behind my back!" He looks at them "I'll fight you standing on one foot! I'll fight you with my eyes closed!" He then saw the ax "oh, pulling an ax on me, eh?" He then walks to the scarecrow "sneaking up on me, eh? Why..." he growls and walks back to the tin man.

"Here, here, go away and leave us alone" tin man says being scared.

"Oh, scared, huh?" The lion says "afraid huh? How long can you stay fresh in that can? Come one, get up and fight, you shivering junkyard" He laughs and then walks back to the scarecrow "put your hands up, you lopsided bag of hay!"

"Now that getting personal lion" scarecrow says.

"Yes, get up and teach him a lesson" tin man says.

"What's wrong with you teaching him?" Scarecrow asks.

"Well, I hardly know him" tin man says.

Toto then barks at the lion.

"I'll get you anyway, peewee" lion says and goes after Toto.

Dan then hurry and grabs Toto and they run back on the yellow brick road and then Dan gave Toto to Dorothy and punched the lion in the face.

"Back off" Dan says.

"Shame on you" Dorothy says.

He then begins to cry.

"Why did you do that for? I didn't bite him" lion says.

"No, but you tried too" Dorothy says.

"It's bad enough picking a straw man, but when you go around picking on poor little dogs..." Dan says.

"Well, you didn't have to hit me so hard, did yeah" he checks his nose "is my nose bleeding?" Lion asks.

"No, and I didn't hit you hard enough to make it bleed" Dan says.

The lion was still crying.

"My goodness, what a fuss you're making! Well, naturally, when you go around picking on things weaker than you are....why you're nothing but a big coward!" Dorothy says.

"You're right, I am a coward! I haven't any courage at all" lion says while still crying "I even scare myself!" He points to his eyes "look at the circles under my eyes. I haven't slept in weeks"

"Why don't you try counting sheep?" Tin man says.

"That doesn't do any good. I'm afraid of them" lion says.

"Oh, that's to bad" scarecrow then taps on Dan and Dorothy "do you think the Wizard could help him too?"

"I don't see why not" Dorothy says.

"Why don't you come with us. We're on our way to see the Wizard now" Dan says.

"To get him a heart" Dorothy says.

"And him a brain" tin man says as he points to the scarecrow.

"I'm sure he could give you some courage" Dan says.

"Well, wouldn't you feel degraded to be seen in the company of a cowardly lion? I would" lion says.

"No, of course not" Dorothy says and Dan nods to show he agrees with Dorothy.

"Gee, That's awfully nice of you" lion says "my life has been simply unbearable"

"Oh" Dorothy then wipes away his tears "well, it's all right now. The Wizard will fix everything"

"It's been in me so long. I just want to tell you how I feel" lion says and they walk together and he sings.

"Yeh, it's sad, believe me, Missy, When you're born to be a sissy
Without the vim and verve.
But I could show my prowess, be a lion not a mou-ess
If I only had the nerve.
I'm afraid there's no denyin' I'm just a dandelion,
A fate I don't deserve.
I'd be brave as a blizzard...

Tin Man: I'd be gentle as a lizard...

Scarecrow: I'd be clever as a gizzard...

Dorothy: If the Wizard is a Wizard who will serve.

Scarecrow: Then I'm sure to get a brain,

Tin Man: A heart,

Dorothy and Dan: A home,

Lion: The nerve!"

They then continued on with the journey.

But what they didn't know was that the witch of the west was watching them.

She cackles "so you won't take warning, eh? All the worse for you then. I'll take care of you now instead of later!"

"You won't win" she looks at her prisoner "good always wins" the voice says.

"We will see" she cackles "take him to the Dungeon" the guards then take him away. She then grabs some stuff and makes a potion and goes back to her big crystal ball "when I gain those ruby slippers and my sister's magic...my power will be the greatest in Oz!" She then looks at the crystal ball "and now....my beauties...something with poison in it, I think. With poison in it. But attractive to the eye and soothing to the smell! Poppies. Poppies! Poppies will put them to sleep. Sleep....now they'll sleep" the witch says as she puts the potion on them.
=========================================