Chapter 7: It's Nice to See Everyone Alive Again

"Are you finally going to give me a tour?" I ask Theo when he comes back from the showers, his brown hair a wet mop on his head.

Theo nodded, "Let's go."

I sat up, letting out a groan as my abdomen clenched at the movement. Theo made a move to help me, but I waved him off, getting to my feet with another groan.

I pick up the extra pair of clothes and toothbrush that was on a stand by my bed and walked over the infirmary bathroom. Looking at the orange camp shirt in my hands fondly, I had a sense of nostalgia when pulling it over my head, smelling cheap dye and cotton. I brushed my teeth, savoring the mint taste that washed away the morning breath, and tamed my hair as much as possible before walking out to join Theo, who was waiting impatiently at the front of the healer's tent.

"What'd you do? Curl your hair? Paint your nails?" Theo asked teasingly, smirking and leading me over to the lava rock climbing wall. On the way, we happened to pass Clarrise. She was glaring at me and Theo, and I couldn't help but laugh.

Some things never changed.

It was nice to see camp healthy and thriving again. Everyone was happy, alive. Silena had waved at me when we walked past her cabin, Theo explaining the themed cabins for the main Olympians.

My stomach grumbled right as a conch blew, signalling that it was time for lunch.

I rubbed my side, the dull ache annoying me.

Theo lead me to the Nymphs that were handing out plates of food, telling me to put a portion of my food into the bonfire in the middle of the pavilion. He then lead me over to the Hermes table (which was filled to the brim with kids, like usual).

By now, I was getting tired of acting as if I knew nothing about camp and the Greek world.

Just like before, some girls and guys at the Aphrodite table burst into giggles when I glanced at them, cheeks tinting red. I quickly look down at my plate of food, walking faster to the Hermes table.

Aphrodite and her meddling nonsense could go suck a duck and die in a hole, a hole far, far away from me.

I was squished in between the Stoll brothers, both messing with people on their respective side of the table.

"Hello," Connor said, grinning at me with suspicious innocence.

"You're new around here," Travis concluded, the corners of his lips curled in mischief.

"My name's Percy, what's yours?" I said slowly, glancing between the two nervously. What were they planning?

"My name's Connor, and that's my little brother, Travis."

"Only by 10 months!" Travis snapped, scowling at Connor.

"10 months younger."

The two continued to bicker with each other, my presence forgotten. I let out a relived sigh. No pranks were going to be played on me, for now.

"Don't mind them, they're always like that," an achingly familiar voice said.

I turnrd my head to the right and lookd straight at Luke, eyes wide. Like everyone else, he looked exactly the same. Around 18-years-old, clear blue eyes, wavy blonde hair, eyebrows arched in mischief.

Exactly as he was before he joined Kronos.

"My name's Luke. Welcome to Hermes Cabin!"