CHAPTER TWO

Here goes..... Please enjoy. This is how I imagined the palace would look like.

AYDEN'S POV

Morning came sooner than I had hoped. The carriage was already at the entrance of our village. My uncle was the only one who bid me goodbye and I understood. My sisters wouldn't bare to see me leave. This was for the best anyway. If it meant protecting my sisters from a terrible future much more a fate that was not meant for them so be it. I had left them letters anyway and little gifts to remember me. I really hoped the palace would allow us to talk to our family or even write letters.

"Munchkin listen to me, you take care of yourself and most of all trust in the words your Aunt gave you and stay out of trouble. Make sure not to stand out at all. Most of all do not trust anyone and I mean anyone." My uncle said with a sigh as he gave me the tightest hug he could manage.

"I will uncle. Please take care of them and write to me whenever you can." I said as I heard the neigh of horses. I waved as I got into the carriage. There were other people in the carriage with me but I was not ready to be buddies with anyone and it would seem neither did they. I looked out through the window as we moved from dry lands to green grasslands. They were really breathtaking.

What I really wished for is not to be part of his harem. That would be the best and the worst place to be. There really nothing wrong with men liking men in this Kingdom. Being a servant would be nice since I would not have to gain a lot of attention. I loved a peaceful life and joining the harem would not do shit for me. It would only mean more attention and more trouble.

The main thing was, those with strong attributes went ahead to be in the Sheik's army which led to prestigious lifestyles for the men, being in the harem was based on how attractive and charming attributes one had. Those not chosen in the army or harem were servants. Well that's according to what aunt had said. This place was not really one would really want to cause trouble.

To make it worse or rather let me put it this way the Sheikh was not really a man a be messed. He won over cities, destroyed kingdoms, a man who people bowed out of respect and enemies shake out of fear. He had made this Kingdom into something so great it was feared more than when his father had reigned. People said he was handsome, a mortal being sculptured by the gods. He was fierce in his ways and attracted many men and women. Aunt had described him to me but really I paid no mind.

We had been travelling for seven days to the palace and it was not fun at all. The long journey did force people to talk to each other. I however decided to remain silent. I didn't know if  I would say something then later used against me, we hardly knew each other and the chances of some of us here being spies of the royal family were high. Some tried pushing me to talk but I pushed them aside. The only stops we made was to relieve ourselves but nothing more.

Finally we had arrived. The palace doors opened slowly revealing such a beautiful and entirely different world. I couldn't help but gasp in sheer excitement. I mean why wouldn't I right? Everything was either gold or silver, everyone was dressed in silk and satin even servants too. This was too good to be true. The walls ivory white, the floors pure tile that really looked expensive, vibrant colors that really went well with everything.

A man approached us waving his hands around making his way to the front. "Listen up, my name is Amar, I will be your supervisor to reprint His Highness, who will be down shortly to look at his newly acquired tributes. You have been divided according to your traits, those in the army you know yourselves follow him after I am done." He said pointing at the guy standing next to him. "The rest of you pick a case it will show you your designated duty in this palace.

"It does not matter if you came from a rich family or not, the role you have is the one you stick with. If you do great then your rank may rise. There is no favorites in this palace unless His Highness favors you. It would be in your interest to follow the rules. The Sheikh does not take great kindness to people who disobey his orders."