Benjamin Out In The Soaking Rain

Butternut St

Middletown, Connecticut

Benjamin: *walking in the soaking rain without an umbrella*

Ken: *texts Benjamin* Where are you?

Benjamin: *texts back* Butternut St.

Ken: *texts back* What are you doing walking out in the rain? Do you have your umbrella?

Benjamin: *texts back* No.

Ken: *texts back: Where on Butternut St are you?

Benjamin: *texts back* Not too far from the railroad tracks*

Ken: *texts back* Stay right there! I'm coming to get you! You got no business, walking in the soaking rain, without an umbrella! Use your brain, next time! Stay put! I'm on my way!

Benjamin: *texts back* Okay. *waits for Ken to show up*

Ken: *leaves to pick up Benjamin and takes a right onto Butternut St, then takes a left onto West St, and another right onto Butternut St*

Benjamin: *still waiting in the soaking rain by the railroad tracks*

Ken: *drives past Mrs. Plosky's house on Butternut St*

Benjamin: *still waiting and sees Ken approaching*

Ken: *comes to a stop, and puts on the headlights* Get in!

Benjamin: *gets in the car, and closes the door*

Ken: How long have you been out here, Benjamin? *continues driving and crosses the railroad tracks, and takes a right onto Middlefield St*

Benjamin: 20 minutes, I think.

Ken: *driving on Middlefield St* You have got to be out of your cotton picking mind, boy! If you knew it was gonna rain, you should have brought your umbrella! Look at you! You're all wet!

Benjamin: Sorry.

Ken: Shut up and let me drive! *driving on Middlefield St, then takes a right onto West St, crossing the bridge, then takes a left onto Butternut St, driving past Pond view Apts, past the playground, and takes a left onto Thomas St, and heads back towards Highview Apts*

This story was written on Tuesday, June 30th, 2020.

A/N Benjamin has got to be the biggest idiot, ever! He got drenched! Don't be a silent reader. Please leave feedback. Thanks.