Locked Out In The Heat

Butte, Montana

Victoria was coming home from work, only to realize, she was locked out. Her keys were in the house, and she forgot to take them. To add insult to injury, it was 97 degrees outside. A heatwave was in store for Montana, pretty much all week long, with no relief in sight. She was in quite a predicament.

"I'm locked out in this brutal heat!" she hissed. "All because, I forgot my keys! I'm such an idiot! That's what I get for being in such a rush to get to work on time!"

Victoria just stood out in the heat, and let out a long, desperate sigh. Then, she had an idea! She could stay at her neighbor's house, for the time being. She walked over to her neighbor's house, and knocked on the door.

"Steven, open up!" she bellowed. "It's Victoria!"

The door opened, and Steven was half asleep. "Victoria, what are you doing here?" he demanded. "I was taking a nap."

"Nice to see you too," said Victoria, in a sarcastic tone. "Listen, I left my keys at home, and I am locked out. I just got out of work. Can I stay with you, for a while?"

"Sure, I guess," said Steven. "I don't want to baking like a potato out there. Come on in."

"Thanks, Steven!" beamed Victoria. She came inside, and sat down on the couch, to watch Bob's Burgers, with the air conditioner on full blast.

This story was written on Sunday, July 12th, 2020.

A/N Next time, Victoria, make sure you have your keys, before you leave for work! Don't be a silent reader. Please leave feedback. Thanks.