Chapter 1: The Arrival of the VK's and the Vampire

Mina's  Pov 

It has been sixteen years since the death of Dracula and the birth of our child, his son and heir, Vlad. Since then, he has grown up into a remarkable young man even though Johnathan and Arthur wanted to kill Vlad for Dracula's crimes. However, I convinced them to spare his life since Vlad was an innocent child and had no say in who his father was. Van Helsing reluctantly agrees with me and decides there has been enough killing. 

Vlad has been a good brother to mine and Jonathan's son Quincey. Jonathan now sees Vlad as a son and his job as a solicitor has earned him much respect. As for me, I have accepted a position as a new teacher at Auradon Prep and I have also enrolled Vlad to attend the school.

I went to wake up Vlad who was out all night and I saw him sleeping on his bed. I walked over and opened the curtains allowing some sunlight into the room which caused Vlad to wake up. 

"Bats are nocturnal Mom. " Vlad groaned in his Romanian accent as he covered his face with a blanket.

I shook my head and sighed. "Yes, and so are billionaire playboy philanthropists now come on Vlad I don't want you to be late for your first day at Auradon Prep and I can't miss my first day of work. Now please get up." 

I patted his shoulder and gave him a reassuring smile before leaving the room.

No Ones Pov

Vlad got outta bed and got dressed before putting on his sunglasses and top hat.

He headed down stairs and ate breakfast, washing it down with cow's blood before heading for his mother's car

He headed down stairs and ate breakfast, washing it down with cow's blood before heading for his mother's car. She climbed in after him and together they drove off to Auradon Prep. 

During the car ride Mina looked at her son who was looking out the window. She knew the move was hard on him being away from London where Jonathan, Quincey, and his friends were. 

"Vlad, did you have any more nightmares?" Mina asked. 

"Yes," Vlad sighed. "I dreamt of impaling 20,000 Ottoman warriors to send a message to Sultan Mehmed the Second."  

Mina glances over at him, reaching over to pat his hand. "Don't worry Vlad, everything is going to be different here. Just try not to suck any of the other kids blood okay?" 

Vlad sighed and nodded. "Yes Mother."

They soon pulled up to Auradon Prep and saw that all the students were all outside and the school band was practicing their instruments. Mina parked the car in the parking lot and they were greeted by a woman with a light blue suit dress and a large pink bow tie. Behind her was a boy in a dark blue dress jacket and yellow dress pants along with a girl wearing a light pink dress and light blue jacket.

The woman smiled warmly at them. "Ah Miss Harker welcome to Auradon Prep. I am Fairy Godmother Headmistress." 

Mina shook the Fairy Godmother's hand and the boy and girl went up to Vlad.

"Hello, it's nice to meet you. I'm Ben." The boy introduced himself just before the girl interrupted him. "Prince Benjamin, soon to be King." 

Ben cleared his throat before turning to the girl. "This is Audrey." 

"Princess Audrey, his girlfriend." She clarified, interrupting him once more. 

Vlad shook Ben's hand and he raised Audrey's hand and kissed it and spoke "Charmed. I am Vladislav Alucard and may ask what all the festivities are for?" 

He soon got his answer as the band started to play again. Vlad took his leave and leaned against a tree and saw a limo pull up in front of the crowd then stop. The driver exited and walked around to the side of the car. He opened the passenger door and two boys fell out fighting over a blanket as they yelled at each other.

"You got everything else, why do you want whatever this!?" Asked the boy in red and white.

"Because you wanted it!" snapped the boy in red and yellow. 

Vlad laughed to himself as he watched their childish act. Just then two girls exited the limo, one in blue and the other in purple. Vlad looked at the purple haired girl, her light green eyes , her pink lips, and her purple, pink, and green outfit. He felt his heart skip a few beats for she was the most beautiful girl Vlad had ever seen.

Vlad let the scene play out and he watched as Audrey acted rudely towards the blue haired girl. Ben shook their hands and gave a small speech while the four kids seemed bored. The purple haired girl sighed and began to speak, her voice as sweet as honey . 

"Or the day you show four people where the bathrooms are." She joked and Vlad decided to go introduce himself to them. 

"Five actually." Vlad corrected as he walked towards them.

Everyone's attention turned towards him and Ben took that moment to speak. "Oh Vlad, I figured you had left by now." 

Vlad shrugged. "Well I have no idea where to go and I wanted to meet the new students." 

The VK's, curious about this other new student, stepped forward to introduce themselves.

"The names Jay." said the boy in red and yellow and Vlad shook his hand. "Nice to meet you Jay" 

"Evie, pleased to meet you. Are you a prince by any chance?"  The girl in blue asked and Vlad raised Evie's hand and kissed it. "Charmed, and to answer your question Evie no I am not. I am the son of a solicitor and my mother is a new teacher here at Auradon Prep." 

Evie had a look of disappointment on her face as Vlad moved on to the next student.

"I'm Carlos and you don't happen to own a dog do you?" the boy in red and white asked with a look of fear on his face.

"Nice to meet you Carlos and no I don't own a dog." Vlad replied. 

Carlos sighed in relief. "Good, very good."

"I'm Mal." said the girl in purple introduced. Vlad looked into her light green eyes with his dark brown eyes and felt his heart skip a beat. 

Vlad raised Mal's hand as he spoke "Vladislav Alucard but you guys can call me Vlad." 

He kissed Mal's hand gently before stepping away as Audrey cut in. 

"Hey You're Maleficent's daughter aren't you?" Audrey realized, stepping forward to study Mal closely before continuing. "Yeah you know what, I totally do not blame you for your mother trying to kill my parents and stuff. Oh, my mom's Aurora, Sleeping-- "

"Beauty." Mal finished. "Yeah I've heard the name and you know what, I totally do not blame your grandparents for inviting the whole world, but my mother, to their stupid little christening."

"Water under the bridge?" Audrey asked in a sickeningly sweet voice.  

"Totes." Mal replied.

Ben took that moment to intervene and clasped his hands together as he spoke. "Ok so how about a tour? Auradon Prep originally build over 300 years ago. It was converted into a high school by my father when he became king." 

They followed Ben towards the entrance of the school and saw a statue of King Adam. Ben clapped his hands and the statue morphed from a man into a beast, causing Carlos to scream and jump into Jay's arms. Ben turned around and immediately began to console him. "Carlos it's okay. My father wanted his statue to morph from man to beast to remind us that anything is possible." 

"Does he shed much?" Mal asked jokingly.

"Yeah Mom won't let him on the couch."  Ben joked.

As they walked away, Jay dropped Carlos and continued following the others. Carlos turned towards the statue, clapping his hands hesitantly as he tried to turn the statue of King Adam from its beast form back to its human form but it didn't work so he hurried off to catch up with the group.