Chapter 10: Comforting a Vampire

Mal's Pov 

I was sitting at a picnic table with Evie, Jay, and Carlos as the heroes kids were sitting behind us and everyone was talking about Vlad saying that they should start wearing crucifixes, garlic necklaces, and carry stakes for Vlad. 

Why? Because he's a vampire, a dhampir to be exact, but he will still be viewed as a vampire even though he has none of the vampire's weaknesses. I started to think that besides Ben, Vlad is the only other person that's shown us kindness and stood up for us. 

"Hey guys, how is everyone?" Ben asked as he made his way to our table. No one said a word so Ben continued. "Yeah hey listen forget about it alright? It was nothing, let it go, tomorrow after the coronation I promise everything will be okay." 

Ben left as Doug approached and tried to talk to Evie but Chad kept cutting him off. As if things couldn't get worse, Audrey and Jane walk up to me.

"How long does she think it's going to last? Mal is just a bad girl infatuation and Vlad is just a blood sucking freak." Audrey mocked.

"Yeah, it's not like Wallachia and Transylvania are going to make a Vampire and a Villain their rulers." Jane sneered. 

I grabbed my spellbook and flipped through the pages. "Beware foreswear, undo Jane's hair." 

I cast the spell and she screamed as her hair went back to normal. Audrey laughed at Jane as Lonnie checked her hair. The Vks and I stand up and face the heroes kids. "There is a lot more where that came from."

"Excuse me but who do you think you are?" Audrey asked snidely. 

"Do I look like I'm kidding?" I asked as I flipped through my spellbook, no longer in the mood to deal with their attitudes. 

The heroes kids ran off and I turned to the Vks with a smile on my face. "I am really looking forward to tomorrow. Let's grab that wand and blow this popsicle stand." 

We walked away back to our dorms then Mrs. Harker came running up to me. "Mal could you please talk to Vladislav? He hasn't answered his phone or left his dorm." 

I nodded knowing that even if I steal the wand, Vlad still needs me as the Vks and I head to his dorm. 

No Ones Pov 

As the Vks were heading to Vlad's room they saw Alister, Amalia, Tosh, and Louis at Vlad's door as Stu guarded it. 

 "Vlad come on open the door please." Amalia pleaded. 

"Go away." Vlad replied. 

Tosh sighed. "Okay we tried. Lets go, I am starving." 

"Who are those guys?" Carlos asked as the vampires turned to the Vks. 

"Greetings Mal, daughter of Maleficent; Evie, daughter of The Evil Queen; Jay, son of Jafar; and Carlos, son of Cruella De Vil. I am Louis de Pointe du Lac and these are my companions Amalia and Alister Coleridge and Tosh." Louis introduced. 

The Vks stared at them in shock, surprised that he knew their names. 

"How do you guys know our names?" Evie asked.

Alister grabbed Evie's arm. "Vlad has told us a lot about you guys, especially Mal." 

Evie pulled her arm away in surprise as Amalia turned to Mal  "Yeah Mal, he talks about you and the VKs a lot." 

Mal looks at Amalia in surprise. "Vlad talks about me?" 

"Fuck yeah he does. He tells us that he will cross an ocean of time for you, fight for you, die for you, even kill for you." Tosh admitted. "I even asked if Vlad banged you, but my answer was a kick in the balls and him trying to kill me." 

Amalia jabbed Tosh in the gut and he fell over in pain as she rolled her eyes. "Mal could you talk to Vlad please?" 

Mal nodded and knocked on the door. "Vlad it's me Mal. Could you let me in please?"  

Mal got no response and was about to walk away when Vlad opened the door. His face was a mess of tears and he avoided making eye contact with all of them. 

"Enter freely and of your own free will." Vlad replied as the vampires and the Vks entered his room.

Mal's Pov

I entered Vlad's room and it was more gothic than the rest of the dorms. It almost reminded me of being in my mother's castle and I saw a coffin that must belong to Vlad. 

Vlad was sitting in a chair with Zoltan by his side and I was about to speak when Jay cut me off. "Hey Vlad, what is this flag for?" 

I turned to see a dragon with two crosses, one on its back and one above it as Vlad answered his question. "The Order of the Dracul, The Dragon, an ancient society that pledged my forefathers to defend the church from all enemies of Christ and where my father got his name  Dracula, meaning son of the dragon or son of the devil, but that relationship was not entirely successful." 

He looks away with a disheartened look and I step towards him. "Vlad it's going to be okay." 

Vlad looked up at me with an unconvinced look. "Mal they know, everyone knows about my secret." 

His eyes wandered from me to Evie, to Carlos ,and then Jay. "Now that you have learned what you have learned, it would be wise for you guys to return to the Isle." 

I shook my head, grabbing his hand and holding it firmly. "We prefer to remain here. If you stand by us, we will stand with you." 

Amalia nodded. " As will we Vlad." 

Alister, Tosh, and Louis nodded as Vlad stood up from his chair and hugged me and the Vks. "Thanks guys, I needed that." 

We all slowly pulled away from the hug and I flashed him a small smile. With Vlad in better spirits we left his dorm and we went back to ours to get some sleep for the coronation tomorrow.