14 - Changes

They are back to Seoul, to their dorm. Jin wants to talk to Taehyung. Yet, every time there seems to be someone interrupting them. If one would ask Jin what he plans to say, he doesn't know. He really doesn't. He knows what happened in Osaka was in the heat of the moment. So, what should he ask of Taehyung?

Taehyung wants to confess to Jin. But he is held back by his fear of ruining his happiness. He is afraid to know that there really is someone else that Jin likes. As long as it is a mere speculation, he feels safe. To know that that it is real – he doesn't know if he can take it.

It is another day of hectic shoots and practices. Namjoon is talking to managers and trying to push Jimin to get into the bath.

"Hyung.", he calls out to Seokjin as soon as he steps in to the living room. "Can you please wake up V? Jungkook and he should stop playing all night."

Seokjin nods and walks to his room. Taehyung, a 22-year old, almost as tall as him, looks like a harmless baby curled up between the sheets. He taps him awake but in vain.

"Taehyung-ie! Jimin is also ready. You don't want to be the only one who gets late.", Jin says. He knows no one wants the reputation of being the late-one and to take that away from Jimin is embarrassing.

It works, Taehyung opens his eyes and rubs them.

Jin jabs in his stomach, "Wake up now. Joon is already on the edge."

Taehyung pouts but doesn't move.

Jin doesn't even realize when his body moves and jumps into the bed. It is the easiest way to wake Taehyung up – to jump into bed with him. It happens almost involuntarily because he has been doing that for a long time now.

Taehyung seems surprised for a second before he nuzzles his head into Jin's chest. Jin pulls him closer, "Wake up. Yoongi will make breakfast. If you aren't there, he won't give you any."

That makes Taehyung to sit up and get out of his bed and leave to the bathroom. Jin doesn't though. He revels in the residual warmth of Taehyung, in the woody, rainy, grass-like scent of his that lingers in the pillow, between the covers. He wraps his hand around the pillow, when something falls out.

It looks like an old paper, and Jin sighs, making a note to buy Taehyung a fresh set of papers or maybe a new notebook. He unfolds it and tries to soften the crinkles.

There are a lot of doodles on the edges – of aliens, of clouds, of what looks like the distorted face of a man. In the middle are a series of lines, cut off, scribbled off, and filled in so much that it makes it impossible to read. He tries to concentrate on the most continuous set of lines on the paper, and as he reads, his heart thuds faster against his chest.

He hears the door click and immediately hides the paper behind his back.

"Yoongi-hyung is asking you to come for breakfast.", Jungkook says. "Now."

Jin nods. As soon as Jungkook leaves, he folds the paper and pockets it.

....

It is Hoseok who notices it and Yoongi feels thankful that he is no longer the only one who notices a shift in the interaction between Taehyung and Jin.

"What's going on?", Hoseok mutters as he sits next to Yoongi. They've been practicing non-stop for their next performance at Seoul Stadium before his lovely Hope decides to give them a break.

They watch in silence as Taehyung chases Jin across the practice room, sometimes engulfing him in his arms and sometimes carrying him in his arms.

Jimin and Jungkook seem oblivious to this as they are playing a game of tag with Namjoon.