Bingin - Rudy Pankow

Outer Banks had just come out, Chase, Rudy, Madison, Madelyn, JD, Drew and I we're all getting ready to watch it for the first time. Rudy was making his world famous popcorn, Chase got the TV ready and the rest of us started building a fort. I know it's a little childish to build a fort when you and your friends are 20-27, but it was gonna be fun!

Rudy walked over with 4 huge bowls of popcorn. We all slipped inside the fort. Madelyn and Chase we're cuddled up together. They were together, we knew it, but the world didn't yet. They got one of the bowls of popcorn to share. JD and Madison were next to each other sharing a bowl of popcorn. Drew fought us and said he wanted his own, so Drew had a huge ass bowl of popcorn to himself. Rudy and I we're sharing the last bowl. We hit play on the TV, and all of us we're silent. We knew the show's plot, but we hadn't actually seen it yet.

We got to the start of episode 5. JJ was being beat and abused by his father. I knew that the people surrounding me were my best friends, and that I could trust them with anything, but I never shared my past with them. My dad was exactly like JJ's dad growing up. I still had scars from his beatings, but I covered them. Rudy had an arm around me, we weren't dating, but friends can cuddle. He felt me tense and looked down at me with a confused look. I looked up at him, my eyes starting to swell up. All the memories I'd locked deep down we're all rushing back to me.

"Lets go get a snack Y/N," He said motioning for me to follow him to the kitchen.

We got out of the fort as the others continued watching and snacking.

"Whats up?" He asked me with a worried face.

"I'm fine, Rudy," I said with a fake reassuring smile. He could tell I was lying, he knew me too well.

"You know you can tell me anything, right?" He said grabbing my shoulder and squeezing it.

"Ya I know" I said with a sniffle. "But there's nothing to tell," I smiled.

He just stood there looking down at me waiting for me to tell him why I was upset.

"Let's just say that um, m-my life was a-alot like JJ's growing up."

He looked at me wide eyed. He was trying to gather the words, but instead he just pulled me into a tight hug. Tears were starting to well up in both of our eyes by now.

"Y/N i-i'm so sorry" He said, pulling away from the hug.

"It's not your fault Rudy, don't apologize" I told him, smiling and pulling him back into the hug. I felt so safe in his arms. The whole world disappeared when he was around. I loved him, but I couldn't tell him. It'd ruin our friendship.

"YOU GUYS COMING BACK?" We heard JD yell from the fort.

We both chuckled and started walking back. His arm never leaving my back.

"JD we're out of fruit snacks," I told him as Rudy and I crawled back into the fort.

"Seriously?! Who's been eating my fruit snacks?" We all put our hands up in the air and started laughing.

Rudy and I had gotten back into the spot we were in earlier. But this time I was laying on his chest as his left arm hugged me in tightly. It felt like he was more protective over me, now that he knew. We got to the beginning of episode 7 when Madelyn fell asleep. We decided to call it a night and finish the season tomorrow night. Everybody went off to their rooms, Rudy and I stayed behind to take down the fort. We were standing on opposite sides of the fort and lifted the blanket we used as our roof. We folded it and placed it on a chair, I was taking pillows out of the fort, just as I was about to get up and put them away, I looked up to see Rudy staring at me.

"What?" I ask him.

"Thank you for telling me," He says, still staring at me, his eyes tearing up.

We finish putting the living room back together. We both plopped down on the couch with a sigh, looking around at our work.

We both sat in silence as I lay on his lap. It was a comfortable silence. I checked my phone to see it was 4:37.

"We better call it a night" I tell him, showing him the time.

"Oh crap, I thought it was 11:30" He said laughing.

I got off of his lap and stood up. We both shared another hug before we went to our separate rooms.

I was already in my pajamas, we all changed before we started bingin. I just had to brush my teeth. I went into the small bathroom attached to my room and brushed my teeth. I turned the lights off and hopped into bed. I tried to sleep, but my brain was surrounded with thoughts. I lay on my back as I think, I thought about Rudy, my friends, my past. They were keeping me awake, I had come to the conclusion that I probably wouldn't be sleeping tonight. I got up and put a hoodie on that I stole from Rudy a couple days ago. I put some fluffy socks on, and then brushed my hair. I tiptoed outside and slowly opened and closed the door. I climbed a ladder to the roof, so I could watch the sunrise. But to my surprise, I saw Rudy sitting there.

"Rudy? What are you doing up here," I asked walking over to him.

"Same as you, sunrise," He replies, looking at me as I sat down next to him. I lean on his shoulder watching the sunrise, we were quiet, but it wasn't awkward. He broke the silence,

"Hey Y/N,"

"What's up?" I reply.

"I love you," He told me

"Ya ya, I know, you've told me that before, I love you too," I say playfully rolling my eyes.

"I-I don't love you like I love the others. I love you." He says, emphasizing the word "love".

I sit up and turn towards him, seeing the regret in his eyes. He looked away from me and down to the ground.

"Rudy, I-" I say in fear that the others are going to jump out and yell "PRANKED YAAA". And start laughing. But Rudy wouldn't do that to me, this was real. "I love you too." I say with a grin on my face. He turns around with the widest smile I've ever seen. We hug each other tight, and pull away. I snake my arms around his neck and he cups my face. We kiss, it was perfect. He was perfect. We pull apart and I keep my arms around his neck. I place my forehead on his chest and chuckle. He wraps his arms around me.

"Best day ever," We both say at the same time.

"Jinx, you owe me a kiss," he says.

"Can't fight you on that one," you say as you kiss him again.

We both sit there watching the sunrise, with the biggest smiles plastered on our faces.

A/N-

Hi! Sorry, this is a little similar to the last chapter, but I think its cute. Sorry about the typos! Also sorry I uploaded twice in two days, I can't sleep and my imagination is better at 2 am lol.