Kook Rich - JJ Maybank

3 years ago, I had to move away from the town I grew up in, Outer banks. My mom got a job in New York city. We lived on the cut, she waited tables, but now we live in a penthouse and she manages a successful chain of restaurants. She didn't have much to leave behind, since dad was coming with us and she didn't have many friends.

But she never thought about me. I was a Pogue, I still am a Pogue at heart, but I haven't talked to the gang in years. I was close with all of them, but especially with JJ. He was my best friend, we met when we were 6. He'd already known John B by then, but we grew close fast.

Life was alright in New York, I was starting to make some friends at school.

But then it all changed in a matter of minutes.

I got home from school, on a wednesday. My parents weren't home, so I just assumed they were running late. I chilled in my room and blasted music, until the home phone started ringing. I got up and turned my radio down, then grabbed the phone.

"Y/L/N residence, Y/N speaking." I said into the phone waiting for a response.

"Hello miss Y/L/N, I am sorry to inform you that your parents were caught in a car accident." The person on the other side on the phone stated.

I could feel my heart stop.

"A-are they ok? Can I come see them?" I responded, worry on my face.

"I-im sorry mam, they didn't make it, the car-" The opporatore kept talking, but I zoned out and hung up the phone. I couldn't feel anything. I somehow made it to the edge of my bed and sat down hesitantly.

My aunt came to stay in the penthouse with me for a couple weeks, I didn't talk to her much, I barely left my room. I didn't go to school, and my friends were texting me every chance they got, but I never responded.

I loved my parents, it was hard to imagine my life without them.

*Knock Knock Knock*

I sat up on my bed as my aunt came in with a plate of rice and veggies.

"I had a chat with your gran, you're gonna go stay with her for a while, ok?" She said.

I nodded and grabbed the food.

"Your leavin' tomorrow mornin', so start packing."

She left the room and I began to eat the food, but I wasn't too hungry, so I set it down on my desk.

I haven't seen Grandma in years, not since I moved away. She lived in Outer banks, in Figure-Eight.

Then it hit me. I got to see my friends again!

"If they even remembered me, are they mad that I didn't keep in contact? Shit, they probably hate me. I'll just have to lay low." I thought to myself.

I got up and started putting stuff into a bag, I didn't have a lot in my room anyways. I noticed a picture of the Pogues in my desk drawer, they'd given it to me the day I left, they all signed the back of it. I missed them, doubt they missed me though.

I flopped down onto my bed once I'd finished packing. I held the photo in my hand and stared at it until I finally drifted off to sleep.

"Y/N, Y/N, wake up, time to go." My aunt shook me.

My eyes fluttered open, it was still dark outside.

I grabbed my phone and checked the time, 4:03 am, seriously?

I groaned and got up, I put sweatpants and a hoodie on then grabbed my bag. My aunt was waiting for me at the front door. I walked out of the room and went to close the door, I froze and looked back at the room, I took a deep breath, then closed it.