Sigh - JJ Maybank

I'm kook, I live a life similaire to my best friend Kie, we hang out with the Pogues. Kie's parents didn't like that their daughter was slumming with us, but we got used to it. My parents didn't care, they were never home anyways. They were usually chilling in some resort a hundred miles away from me. My house was in figure eight, but I lived in the cut most of the time. I'd taken over John B's guest room. My parents are gone all summer, pretty sure they said they were in the Bahamas, but who knows.

I woke up to the sound of a girl moaning, coming from JJ's room of course. I rolled my eyes and got out of bed. I walked into the kitchen after putting some shorts and an oversized T-Shirt on. My hair was down, but I hadn't brushed it yet.

"Hey John B!" I told John B, who was sitting at the table.

"Hey." He replied, rolling his eyes and covering his ears.

I walked over to the small kitchen and started frying eggs and bacon. I made extra just in case Kie and Pope came over early, but I secretly knew JJ would take the extra pieces of bacon.

Speaking of the devil, JJ and some random touron walked out of his room. The girl walked out quickly without saying anything. John B took his hands off of his ears,

"JJ, can you not wake us up to the sound of moaning next time? Great thanks," John B scowled and I laughed.

"A mans gotta do what a mans gotta do" JJ replied as he sat down. John B and I both rolled our eyes as I gave them their plates. I sat down and ate my breakfast as the boys talked about something random that I wasn't interested in.

I turned around to see Kie and Pope. "THE PARTY CAN START, WE'RE HERE!" She screamed.

"Well someone had a good morning." I laughed.

"It's really nice out today, we should go hang out on the boat" Pope told us.

"I'm down," JJ said, I looked up at him and he smiled at me.

I got up and went to the guest room, I was running out of clothes, but I put a bikini on, covering it up with shorts and a crop top. I grabbed my sunglasses and went back to the kitchen. Kie was filling a cooler with fruit and beers. The boys were all outside getting the boat set up.

Kie and I walked out and hopped in the boat, JJ held out his hand to help me in.

We were all chilling in the marsh, I'd taken off my covers so I could tan. We all layed down and looked up at the sky, we were silent, but it was a comfortable silence, I glanced over at JJ.

"Like what you see?" I laughed as I noticed him checking me out. Everybody else laughed along with me as JJ started blushing and looked back up at the sky.

We stayed out on the boat for hours, playing games, dancing, cloud gazing. The sun was starting to set. John B took the wheel and started driving us back to his house.

"Hey, John B, can you just drop me off at my house tonight? I gotta restock on clothes." I asked.

"Ya sure," He responded as he turned the Pogue towards my house.

"I should probably go home tonight too, I gotta get some clothes too," JJ said looking at John B.

"Aye aye," John B said.

I gave JJ a worried look, he smiled at me mouthing "I'll be fine".

The Pogue pulled up at my house, the lights were all off, since my parents weren't home.

"Wew, forgot how big your house was." JJ remarked.

I ignored him and got out of the boat, I walked backwards and waved goodbye to them. I put my keys in the backdoor. They waited, making sure I got into the house. The door opened and I turned around to yell "LOVE YOU GUYS!". They all yelled it back and drove away.

I went up to my room and put some clothes and bikinis in a plastic bag. I got a baggy T-Shirt out of my closet and put some checkered pajama pants on. I turned the lights off and got under the covers.

It had been hours since I got into bed, I couldn't sleep. My thoughts were keeping me awake. I was thinking about my parents. Did they really love me? Why did they never take me on vacation with them? They probably hate me. My thoughts were silenced when I heard a tap on my window. I glanced over, assuming it was the wind. But then I saw JJ.

I got up to open my window, "JJ?" I said as he climbed in and sat on my bed.

I closed the window and looked back at him, his eyes were puffy, he was obviously crying before he came, he looked broken, something happened.

I sat down by his side and started rubbing his back with my hand, looking at his face. He was looking down at his lap. He was shaking and his lips quivered.

"JJ... what happened," I asked him.

He looked into my eyes, then back at his lap.

"I um, I went h-home to g-get some clothes." He paused, i'd never seen JJ like this before. "A-and um, my d-dad was laying on the c-couch, he looked um, he looked pale, a-and he wasn't snoring l-like, like usual, I checked for a pulse, but there was none." I looked and JJ with wide eyes as he broke down. I grabbed him and pulled him into a tight hug. He soaked my shoulder with tears, but I didn't mind. I was also crying, I hated seeing JJ like this. I'd known him since the 3rd grade, and this was the first time he'd shown me his tears. I didn't care that JJ's father was dead, he was an abusive piece of shit, but I knew JJ still loved him. JJ seemed to believe that he still had a good side, who knows, maybe he did, under all the alcohol and drugs.

He'd been crying into my shoulder for at least 10 minutes before he released from my hug and layed on the bed. I soon flopped down next to him. I adjusted myself so I was laying on my side, he did the same. We looked each other in the eyes. His read puffy eyes stared into my soul.

"Y/N... I-" He said, trying to find the words. Instead he just leaned in and gave me a peck. My eyes widened as he pulled away. We both sat up. He looked down at the ground and scratched his head, regret taking over his expression.

"JJ... i'm gonna ignore that you just did that, since your emotions are all over the place." I told him.

"Y/n," he whispered. "I love you, not like I love the others, I've wanted to do that for years."

"Really? So... that was real?"

"Yup." We both sat in silence, I didn't know what to say. I did love JJ, I've also wanted to do that for years. But, this didn't seem real, if it was, why'd he bring a new girl home every night.

"I should uh, I should leave," He said getting up from the bed.

"JJ-" I said, grabbing his wrist. I pulled him back down to the bed, he was sitting on the side of the bed facing away from me. I got up and sat next to him. I could see a single tear falling down his cheek, he wiped it away quickly.

"I uh..." I whispered. He looked at me, he was clearly in pain. My eyes widened in fear as I said

"I love you too."

He stared at me for a second, a smile growing on his face, I chuckled. He grabbed my waist and pulled me in, I placed a hand behind his neck as he kissed me, this kiss was more passionate. I could feel him smile as his lips were pressed against mine.

We pulled away and looked into eachother's eyes. My heart was racing as he pulled me into a hug. I smiled. We both got under the covers and stared at each other, I got lost in his ocean eyes. I moved and put my head on his chest and my arm around his waist. He put out a sigh of relief as we both fell asleep. The last thing I said before drifting off into dreamland was "Love you J". He replied with "Love you." He wrapped an arm around my waist and held me tight.