₊˚✧ 28

(This chapter contains hella spoilers and from here on out, manga spoilers will start to kick in. If you're not up to date with the manga I highly suggest you read it, it's poggers. Anyways here's your warning!)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The fight lasts for what feels like hours, and dust filled the air. It was still incredibly warm...but things had changed now. (Y/N) had to clench her jaw so she wouldn't have an outburst again, but she still kept her blade tight in her bloodied hand.

"Don't die on me, Kyojuro" Akaza chuckled as he stared at the pillar, quickly regenerating his wounds. Rengoku really didn't look good. His eye was missing, he was covered in wounds and his breathing was incredibly erratic. But he still didn't back down.

"Don't die, Rengoku-San!" She exclaimed as she held her abdomen, and the Pillar chuckled. Tanjiro stared at Rengoku with worried plastered all over his face. He wouldn't be able to keep this up for much longer, and the sun was beginning to subtly creep over the trees.

"Even if you fight with the intention to sacrifice your body...It's useless. The slashes you gave me have already healed. But what about you? Your left eye? Gone, smashed into shards. Your organs are wounded. This wouldn't happen if you were a demon" Akaza teased, the same smirk held on his painted lips. Even his voice pissed her off and she wanted to rip his head right off. She balls her free hand into a fist as she pushes herself off of Inosuke, and he stares at her with confusion laced in his emerald eyes.

'C'mon, (Y/N). You've got to move...you've got to help him' She thinks to herself as she groans, trying to raise her blade. The upper moon seemed to sense her movement and his yellow eyes flicker towards her. He seemed to have sensed her anger and he pushes his fingers into a cross.

"I'm not gonna fight you, weakling. You're a girl, and I don't hurt girls" He smiled, and she gritted her teeth even harder. How dare he.

"That didn't stop you from trying to smash my fucking face in earlier" She hissed and Inosuke let out a quiet gasp. He had never seen this side of her before, and it was terrifying. Her once soft e/c hues were now filled with hatred, and she seemed like she was out for blood. Akaza just rolled his eyes and focused his gaze on the injured pillar in front of him.

"I...I will fulfill my duties! I won't let anyone die here!" Rengoku exclaimed, and he rushed forward with one of his biggest attacks. Due to the impact dust clouds formed and they could no longer see the two...and all went silent.

"R-rengoku-san?" Tanjiro questioned, and (Y/N) stepped forward. No...something was wrong. Why were they so quiet? Why was the upper moon no longer speaking? The dust clouds finally settle- and she feels a lump form in her throat. Akaza had his painted arm...bursting through Rengoku's stomach. Blood spouted from the pillars mouth, and she felt her vision turn red.

"WHAT THE FUCK?!" She screamed as she gripped her blade high above her head, and she dashed forward. Breathe...Breathe. Keep breathing. You need to steady your breathing. Her eyes turn white as she propels herself into the air.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"If you get into trouble...use your breathing." Her mother said out of the blue- filling her with confusion. Whenever she fought she had to use her breathing, so what did she mean?

"Eclipse" Was the last thing she heard her mother say as she felt into the abyss.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------