₊˚✧ 36

"INOSUKE!" The girl cried as her heart pounded, and she rushed towards her boyfriend. The mantis demon had impaled him with his blade. No...this really wasn't good. The poison would kill him in seconds. Why was the demon still alive? Uzui was supposed to fucking kill him. Still sprinting towards the boy boy, she turned her head ever so slightly to look for the pillar. And when she did...her heart sunk even more. There on the dusty floor laid Uzui, his arm completely severed.

"No...No no" She choked as she halted to a stop. What the hell had happened? Everything was chaos...complete and utter chaos. Her head injury was starting to mess with her, and she could feel the amount of blood she was losing from it.

"Inosuke" The h/c haired girl whispered as she collapsed into a heap on the cracked roof, her blade still tucked in her hands.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"(Y/N)-Chan, what are you doing?" A soft voice called, and she slowly peaked her eyes open. She was laid on a familiar, dark floor- and a face hovered over hers. It was her mother, her face as soft and as wise as ever.

"Mother...Inosuke. He's...he's gonna die" (Y/N) choked out as she pulled herself off of the hard floor. She still had her injuries, she could tell that much by how dizzy she was. Her blade was still in one piece though.

"I know, my dear" Her mother coos as she pulls the girl into a hug, and she melts into it immediately. Why was the world so cruel? Why...why?! She could feel her blood temperature rise as she hugged her mother, and she heard a sigh.

"Yes...remember this emotion. Remember it well" Her mother smiled as she pulled away from the hug and placed her hands on (Y/N)'s face. Their surroundings were completely pitch black- filling her with a sense of nostalgia. She had been here before...she just knew it. Clutching her blade in her bruised hands she looked at her mother with fiery eyes.

"What should I do?" She croaked and her mother pointed up to the sky as if the answer was obvious, and (Y/N) instantly understood. Eclipse breathing...how on earth could she forget something so important? She nods, and hugs her mother once more.

"Will I ever see you again, mother?" She whispered and her mother hugged her back.

"Yes, but give it time" She replied, and she felt herself falling. She wasn't scared though. This was...peaceful.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everything ached as she regained her consciousness, and she still felt light headed. She had to finish this quickly, otherwise she'd die of blood loss.

"Whoa, you're still alive huh? Impressive dude" A chilled voice sung out, and she grimaced. Lifting her head off the floor she looked around, her heart sinking even more by the second. Tanjiro was slumped against a piece of wreckage, Zenitsu was trapped underneath a pile of wood and Inosuke...Inosuke was laid still.

"Inosuke...I'm so sorry" (Y/N) called as hot tears threatened to spill from her eyes, and the demon stayed crouched in front of her. She was so close to him that she could see every single ugly detail of his body. His graying skin, his green hair, his gangly build.

"How sad, man. Everyone beside you is pretty much useless now" The demon chuckled, and she clenched her teeth. She couldn't move, her body felt too heavy. But she could still feel her blade in her hand, so that was a good sign. She could feel the blood drying on her face as she sent daggers towards the demon. He crouched in front of her with a huge grin on his face.

"So, the boar boy? You two dating?" He asked, and she looked away. How dare he ask something so invasive?

"What the fuck is it to you?" She spat, causing him to chuckle. Damn, even his laugh was ugly. He gripped his stomach as he laughed, and he gave her a strange look.