𝟙》ℝ𝕚𝕤𝕖 𝕠𝕗 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕊𝕟𝕒𝕜𝕖𝕤

Season one, episode one
Rise of the Snakes

Subitaneous (adjective) : sudden; taking place unexpectedly; ready for immediate development

~~~~

6,3k words

Key
Y/n = your name
N/n = your nickname
D/n = your dragons name

~~~~

Long before time had a name, the First Spinjitzu Master created Ninjago using five elemental weapons. But when he passed, a dark presence sought out to collect them all: Lord Garmadon. So I, Sensei Wu, his brother, sought out to find five ninja to collect them first.

~~~~

Walking in the forest, you enjoy the sound of nothing but birds chirping and leaves crunching under your feet.

Taking in a deep breath you feel the cold air stinging in your nose. You wish that it could be like this forever; peaceful. But you doubt it would.

I mean, yes, Lord Garmadon had been gone for a while and everything had been quiet around, but whenever you thought about the peace staying you got this weird sense in your stomach. Like darkness was swirling around in circles inside you, threatening to consume your whole inside.

A shudder went down your spine like someone trailed their cold fingers along it.

Did the wind just get colder? And had the birds suddenly left or something? It was awfully quiet, and everything looked darker.

Maybe it was time to head back.

Turning on your heels, you head straight back to the Monastery, suddenly feeling really exposed and watched in the forest.

You wrap your arms around yourself and pull your shoulders up, quickening your pace. Once you arrive at the giant mountain, you start walking up the stairs.

"One, two, three," you count each step as you go up higher and higher like you usually do, releasing a breath when you get back into your usual routine, feeling a bit better.

Skipping stair number fifteen and twenty-one because they creak, you start jogging up the stairs. The mountain was ridiculously high, and once you were above the clouds you closed your eyes for a second.

It was colder up here and sometimes your breath turned in vague puffs of condense, but nevertheless you felt more calm. The creepy feeling had gone away and you no longer felt like you were being watched, as if the clouds protected you from whoever or whatever it was that gave you that feeling.

Finally reaching the top, you set your shoulder against the giant gate door and push it open. The training ground wasn't put up, the training equipment still hiding underneath the stone floor, waiting to be activated.

With big steps you walk inside, rolling your eyes once you hear the loud noises your friends were making, probably playing a video game. Ignoring them, you walk to your room to get changed into your ninja gi.

It was practically the same as those of your friends, the only real difference being the color and dragon design on the front. The color was a deep purple, with the seams and stitches black for detail. The dragon head was stitched in a shiny black thread on your chest. It had its mouth open in a snarl, spitting out a round ball with smoke coming off it, representing your element: time.

Walking out of your room, you follow the sound of your friends playing video games.

You find them indeed sitting in front of the gaming console, smashing buttons on the controller.