two - the concert!!

music echoed around , as a crowd of caffeine fuelled people chanted the lyrics to 'just like heaven' by the cure

music echoed around , as a crowd of caffeine fuelled people chanted the lyrics to 'just like heaven' by the cure. it was the evening after their sleepover, and they were at the concert they were looking forward to for the past month.

it was insane. multicoloured lights flashing in every direction, everyone jumping in sync to the beat of the drums. exhilaration filled luna's body as the song got to the chorus, and everyone screamed the lyrics even louder than before.
luna squinted her eyes, a huge smile spread across her freckled face, one of her arms flung over gracie's shoulder, while the other clutched a camera.
luna looked around at the crowd as the music came to a holt, and began snapping photos of a group of girls dancing and laughing with each other.
"THIS IS SO FUCKING SICK!" gracie screamed, raising her voice just loud enough for luna to make out what she was saying.
"I KNOW RIGHT?!!" luna yelled back, her eyes searching over the sea of people, as she held her camera high. a group of boys clutching skateboards caught her eye, and she began taking photos of them. a wave of embarrassment flushed over her as she locked eyes with one of them. she looked away, in the opposite direction, trying to act as normal as possible, and not make a fool of herself.
then she realised something.
it was him.
she glanced back at him, to make sure she wasn't imagining it all.
there he was, staring right back at her.
the music seemed like it became silent all of a sudden, like everyone was staring at luna.
it was him. timothée. highschool timothee. the boy she'd do everything with. the boy her sappy love songs used to be about.
his eyes were green. the kind of green that pushed its way through piles of gritty snow to remind you that spring was coming. the passionate green that the ocean turns during a storm. the colour of a forest after it rains. the colour of tadpoles making ripples in the pond; the colour that brings hope and life no matter what has happened.
no one else had eyes that shade of green.
he was here. she felt sick. her mouth gaped, and eyes widened. luna couldn't believe this was happening. she tried to look away, to escape from this awkward eye contact they were holding, but she just couldn't. she couldn't bring herself to. it was him, after all these years. he looked more mature, his hair longer, and jawline more prominent, but it was still the same timothée.
memories filled her mind, the late nights they spent together, stupid inside jokes they made , times they watched the sunset, the one time they were baking a cake and timothee poured flower all over luna's face. they laughed so hard, their strict catholic neighbours knocked on the door at 4am, scolding at the two. the time luna and timothee had a chaotic food fight around his mothers neatly organized kitchen. the one time timothée taught luna how to skateboard, and couldn't balance on it no matter how hard timothée tried to hold her up. they both ended up falling on the hard concrete and laughing so hard at each other's stupidity. so many memories resurfaced luna's mind after all these years.
they were always lifting each other up.
the perfect relationship.

luna pictured the day timothee left, the tears, the shaking, the screams she let out.
he left her thinking she had done something wrong.
luna spent months trying to figure out what she had said, or done, to cause him to leave.

it turned out he was just another selfish, pretty boy.
just like the rest of them.

there he was, at concert after 4 years of ignoring messages and calls. 4 years of pure hell. luna changed her hair, clothing style and apartment, because everything reminded her of him. she ripped up photos of the two together,
and photos of herself she remembered timothée taking.
she felt like screaming, letting out all the emotions she had pushed deep down for years. tears stung to her eyes, but she managed to keep them in. she didn't know how she wasn't breaking down. luna's hands were trembling inside her jacket pockets in anxiety. she just wanted to let it out and cry. she shook her head with anger, and rapidly begin turning around.
timothée stretched out his arm towards luna and pushed his friends out of the way, making his way through the crowd of people like a maze, as his friends stared at the desperate boy in confusion. his eyebrows were raised, pupils dialated, and his face showing multiple emotions at once.
one luna could make out was guilt. an overwhelming amount of guilt.
it made her want to forgive him.
but she couldn't.
how could she do that after how much he hurt him.
"g-gracie.." luna muttered, tapping her on her shoulder.
"yes?" gracie replied, turning to face her best friend.
"god! are you ok??? you look like you've seen a ghost!" gracie exclaims, worry painted on her face.
"please can we leave?" luna whispers, struggling to get words out, yet desperate to exit the concert she was once enjoying thoroughly. she couldn't bare to see his face.
gracie nods at the brunette, and follows behind her, as luna pushes through groups of tipsy teenagers.
luna started running towards her car, tears now streaming down her flustered cheeks.
how could he.
he ruined a perfect night.
a perfect week.
a perfect month.