nine

luna's thumbs aggressively tapped on her cracked phone screen, as her eyes stung from holding back tears. a single tear ran down her flushed cheeks, but she instantly wiped it away, not wanting to humiliate herself by coming off as 'fragile' in front of her best friend.
"luna, don't you think that's a little too harsh?" gracie suggested, pointing at the long paragraph of insults and swear words she was ready to send.
"not at all" luna blatantly said in a monotone robotic voice.
gracie stood up from the cool bathroom floor and angrily opened the door, yelling to the two other friends from across the hallway.
"STOP PLAYING FUCKING NICKI MINAJ WE ARE TRYING TO HAVE A SERIOUS CONVERSATION"
the childish duo chuckled to each other and turned the music down a few volumes.
the tiniest of smiles spread across luna's freckled face. god she loved her friends so much.
gracie scuttled back to her best friend, muttering a quick "sorry about that" to her.
luna slowly deleted the message of confrontation, and replaced it with a quick "hey." dry, but he deserved it.
"isn't it crazy how he's actually successful and i'm not" luna said placing down her phone.
"that sounded super fucking childish but i do have a point"
"lu, come on! don't be stupid. immunity is coming out soon, who knows what will happen with that. and you'd be wrong to say timothee doesn't deserve his success."
"why do you like him so much"
"i mean, all them memories from school, of course i'd grow close to my best friends soulmate. you two would go everywhere together. whenever i saw you, he was there with you. i sort of saw him as my best friend too."
"until he shocked us all and left" she added after a deep breath, and moment of comfortable silence.
"what a dickhead move" luna spoke, a little shaken from nostalgia.
"indeed"