Chapter 3

We got to the diner just in time. I literally had to throw the dress off and throw the work out fit on. Sky was outside stalling my step mother while I finished getting into position. I heard the door open and looked up to catch my step mother.
"CAMILA" she yelled sounding angry.
"I'm right here." I called towards her and she faced me.
"Oh." She said turning to my step sisters. "See I told you she was here. She'd never disobey me." She finished, taking money out of the register again as she owned the diner and leaving pulling my two step sisters behind her. I let out a puff of air in relief and started taking orders of people who liked to dine late.

I had been cleaning for about an hour when the door opened and in came Lauren, Normani and Bea. They where still in there dresses from the masked dance. Lauren in a black dress, Normani in purple and Bea in blue. I was debating on wether or not it would be a good idea for me to take their order after tonight's encounter but decided it should be fine as she wouldn't recognize me without the mask. I made my way towards them and noticed that they must of been in some type of deep convocation. As I got closer I noticed my charm bracelet in Lauren's hand and her motioning to it whilst talking to Normani. A panic took over me as I realized they where talking about me. Lauren must have told them all about our encounter like I did with my friends, but my identity for her was a mystery and I knew exactly who she was.

I got out of my panicked state and decided to go over and take the order. I hoped she wouldn't recognize me but deep down I kind of wanted her to. She intrigued me and we had so much in common. I felt like maybe there could be something that would happen between us but I knew that the story was for Cinderella not for Camila. I took there orders and turned to walk away but stopped when I heard someone stand up and say my name. I turned to find Lauren standing and Normani and Bea watching use like hawks.
"You don't happen to know the owner of this bracelet do you?" She asked me narrowing her green eyes at me.
"Um no sorry. Who do you think owns it?" I asked curious as to if she knew it was me and was testing me.
"At the masked dance there was a girl who we call Cinderella, only that's not really her name, she goes to our school and well she dropped this and I want to find her so it can be returned." Lauren explained.
"Maybe this mysterious girl doesn't want you to find her or know who she is. If she did wouldn't she have asked for it by now?" I replied.
"I'll give her a school day to come find me but if she doesn't come I'm going to come find her." She said firmly. "But thanks for your help." She finished and I nodded before going and placing their order.

*school the next day*
I was sitting at the lunch table waiting for Dinah and Ally to come. Today has been crazy with everyone trying to work out who Cinderella is. I'm actually scared that when they do work it out they'll be extremely disappointed. Cinderella was there idea of beauty and I wasn't. I have no idea how that's even possible as I am Cinderella and Camila. How does what I wear change anything. I saw Dinah and Ally approaching and readied myself to tell them about what Lauren said at the diner last night. They grabbed their lunch and say across from me at the table after saying polite heys.

"Girls, Lauren showed up at the diner last night after the dance." I announced quietly as I didn't want unwanted ears to hear our convocation.
"What happened dawg." Dinah asked leaning forward a little in her seat and Ally following so that they didn't miss any details.
"Well she said if Cinderella didn't come find her today she'd find Cinderella." I told them.
"Oh wow. What are you going to do?" Ally asked worry evident on her face.
"I don't know." I said looking around to check nobody is listening and leaning forward a little. "And it gets worse."
"How on earth could this get any worse." Dinah asked giving me a look.
"She has the charm bracelet my father gave me." I said and their eyes widened.
"Oh my god. The only way you could get that back is if you tell her." Ally said looking sorry for me.
"I know and their is no way I can do that." I said sternly making sure anything they where planning as a way for me to reveal myself wasn't happening.
"Well you're just going to give up." Ally said in shock.
"Do I have a choice?" I said sarcastically.
"Yes. Of course you damn do. Tell her who you are somehow." Dinah said looking annoyed at my words.
"Dinah my status in this school isn't exactly good and her and her friends despise me. There is no way she'll actually give it back when she knows." I said with tears in my eyes as that bracelet was one of the only things my step mother let me keep. Our convocation was interrupted by a loud husky voice booming through the air.
"Okay everybody listen up!" She shouted. Pausing to make sure everybody was paying attention. "Whoever finds out the identity of Cinderella and tells me before I find her will get a prize. You have to be right and you won't have your prize until it is proven that they are in fact Cinderella." She paused again for affect. "Ok that is all!" And she hoped down from the table and looked around the room doing a small nod before leaving the lunch room.
"Wow Mila I could just turn you in now and get whatever that prize was." Dinah said sarcastically.
"You wouldn't dare." I said shooting her a glare.
"Yeah I know. I'm not that cruel." She finished with a laugh.
"So Mila the music thing is coming up soon. Are you going to perform again?" Ally asked changing the subject.
"Yeah of course. When don't I perform?" I replied. She chuckled a little.
"Yeah your right. When don't you." She said and then stated eating her lunch again.