Chapter 8

Today was the music festival. I was a nervous wreck because I knew Lauren would be in the crowd as she had made clear all week. She has her heart set on talking to Cinderella as she has mentioned everyday at the diner. Every single day when I was doing my late night shift she would come in, ask for coffee and then talk to me for a while and then leave. I was beginning to like how she was actually talking to me. I hope that when she finds out that Cinderella is in fact me that she won't get annoyed that (1) I'm Cinderella and (2) that I never once told her when she so desperately wanted to know and talked to me so animatedly about her desire to know Cinderella.

I was currently backstage warming up and decided to take a look out at the crowd. In the front row there was Dinah and Ally and as I looked further back I saw Lauren staring at everybody intently trying to find Cinderella I'm guessing. I got up and walked to my bag pulling out my charm bracelet and mask that I wore to the dance. I had decided to write my name down as Cinderella instead of Camila trying to convince myself that I should tell her tonight. I was still unsure as to if I wanted to or not but at least I was considering it, right. I walked to the bathroom and changed into a pair of jeans, a floral crop top, converse and I put my mask and bracelet on. I walked back out and picked up my guitar knowing that Cinderella would be called out next as it was written on the sheet of paper posted near the stage. I took a deep breathe and mentally prepared myself to go out on stage. I hadn't even told Dinah or Ally that I was performing as Cinderella which was probably a bad idea as it made me even more nervous.

"Ok so the next act is one I've been looking forward to all night and I'm sure the rest of you will be excited for this one." The announcer started. "Nobody knows her true identity since the masked dance." At his words I saw Lauren move forward in her seat giving her undivided attention to the stage. "We know her as Cinderella, so without further or do please welcome Cinderella." He walked of the stage and I slowly made my way on. I could feel Lauren's eyes staring straight at me and it was only making me more nervous. I looked towards Ally and Dinah and they where smiling wide at me and giving me thumbs up. I was relieved that they weren't mad at me for not telling them about this and it made me feel a little better about everything.

"I'm going to be singing possibilities." I said into the mic before adjusting me guitar and starting to strum.
[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGyFWhnFREQ <Link to song if you want it]
Don't break my heart before i give it to you
Don't tell me no before i ask you to
Don't say it doesn't fit before you try it on
there's too much to lose to be wrong

I sang and looked up into the crowd finding Lauren's eyes and looking at her intently singing the words directly to her.

and it feels like there's something here
but i wanna see it before it disappears
and if there something real between me and you
well are we both open to

I saw something change in Lauren's eyes. She looked at me like she was so in love and she didn't even know who I was yet.

All these possibilities
so many little possibilities
right in front of us
close enough to touch
and far enough to have some time to see
All these possibilities
whoa these possibilities
are written in the stars
we are who we are baby
and i can't help but think that possibly
there's possibilities

Don't give me hope if there's nothing to this
Don't let me in if your not there
what I'm feeling doesn't happen everyday
so baby please play me fair

I saw a slight tear fall out of the corner of Lauren's eyes as she was looking at me intently still.

and it feels like there's something more
than those crazy little crushes I've felt before
when you move in close i can feel the rush
and now we're so close we can touch

I looked back down at my guitar for a moment before focusing back onto Lauren's eyes and all of my doubt and venerability about her knowing who I was went away and I smiled slightly as I went on to finish the song.

All these possibilities
so many little possibilities
right in front of us
close enough to touch
and far enough to have some time to see
All these possibilities
whoa these possibilities
are written in the stars
we are who we are baby
and i can't help but think that possibly
there's possibilities

The room broke out into applause and soon I received a standing ovation. I looked towards Dinah and Ally and they had tears in there eyes and I couldn't tell if it was about my song, them being proud of me or both. I took a deep breathe and then finally decided this is it. It's time. I cleared my throat a little and then directed my eyes towards Lauren who had all her attention on me.
"Thank you everybody but can you please quite down for a moment I'd like to say a few words and then do something I've been trying to get myself to do since the dance." I said in a nervous voice. I noticed the room became dead quite. I mean you could probably hear a pin drop in here. I looked at everyone's faces and then stopped at Lauren's.
"At the dance I met this amazing girl." I started and I saw Lauren's face break out into a huge smile. " And the more I talked to her the more I fell for her. She was so desperate to find me and to be honest I wanted her so badly to find me." I paused trying not to get emotional. "But a part of me didn't. I was so afraid that once she found me she'd be disappointed in what she saw and who this mystery girl she'd fallen for was. Now she may or may not know it but she actually did talk to me, the real me a lot. I just hope that she fell for the real me just as much as the mystery me,or maybe even more then mystery me. Now I've finally, after a long internal battle with myself, have decided to put this poor girl out of her misery." I said and looked at Lauren who looked so excited. "But incase she doesn't love the real me as much as Cinderella I want her to know that the time I've spent with her ,Cinderella or not, was the best time of my life and I won't be angry if she changes her mind." I finished taking a deep breathe before muttering out. "Ok here it goes." I put my hands up and took the mask off gently. I heard gasps all through the room and when I raised my head to look at Lauren...