Chapter 6

We pulled up at the diner at 11:57pm and I kept out of the car and turned to Dinah and Ally.
"Thank you girls so much for all your help tonight." I paused reaching into my pocket. "And look." I said holding up the charm bracelet. "I managed to get it when Ally distracted Lauren. Thank you so so much." I said trying to express how grateful I was for all of their help tonight.
"Yeah yeah. We get it Mila but hurry up and get in the diner just incase your step mother comes to check on you." Dinah said and I laughed saying a final goodbye and making my way into the diner through the back. I ran to the staff bathroom and put the uniform on, folding the clothes Dinah gave me and putting them with my other stuff for safe keeping. I made sure the charm bracelet was in a safe spot in my pocket before walking out and picking up a cloth beginning to wipe the counter.

I looked up at the clock and if read 12:15pm. I sighed as time was going so slow and I wanted nothing more then to go home and sleep. I saw a figure sit in front of me and was surprised that they'd be here again. I didn't even need to look up to know it was Lauren. I had now become familiar with her scent which was of vanilla with a hint of fruit.
"What can I get for you?" I asked politely.
"A coffee thanks." She replied in a raspy tone almost like she had been crying. I made the coffee and placed it gently infront of her.
"Anything else?" I asked and she shook her head. Just as I was about to walk away I heard her voice ring in my ears again.
"You know this Cinderella girl has a thing for running out on me." She said softly and I looked at her intrigued. I wondered why she chose me of all people to talk to about this but didn't want to ask in fear that she would stop. "I have also noticed that you weren't at the masked dance and you weren't at my party tonight." She continued. I shifted nervously thinking of a reply.
"I honestly didn't know you'd be looking for me to notice I'm not there." I said giving her a puzzled look.
"Well I normally take notice of everybody." She replied and then just started to drink her coffee.

I found it weird that someone as popular as Lauren would talk to me when she new who I was this time. It was different though when she spoke to me now, almost like Cinderella and I where two different people. Is it possible that maybe what people saw of Cinderella was a different person to want they saw in Camila. Cinderella was a beautiful runaway mystery and Camila was diner girl who was so easily read. I noticed Lauren standing up in the corner of my eyes and walked over to grab her cup.
"Oh and here's you tip." She said sliding the money over the counter.
"Thank you." I said smiling at her. She was about to walk away but turned to face me.
"I really hope that one day I can finally see you." She said in almost a whisper.
"What do you mean?" I asked a little panicked because she might have worked it out.
"At the parties and school dances. You need to live a little." She explained.
"I don't think that's possible. Have you met my step mum?" I asked her and she chuckled a little before replying.
"CAMILA." She said mocking my step mum and we both laughed a little before she continued. "Yeah I get it." She said and smiled sympathetically. "See ya around." She finished before walking out of the diner. I wanted to run after her and tell her it was me but I knew that would be crazy and just ruin everything so I stayed silent and went back to work hoping that one day she'd realize it was me or I'd work up the courage to tell her. But that day was not today.