Chapter 5

" ok so Lauren told everyone to dress casual but wear a mask as she didn't want a fancy party." Dinah said pausing to make sure I was listening. "So I bought you black skinny jeans and a floral crop top with black converse and your original mask." She finished passing me the clothes. I walked to the bathroom and went to put them on.
"Ok so what is the escape plan?" I called through the door.
"Well you need to be at the diner by 12:00pm again. So at 11:30pm I'll message your phone and you'll tell her you have to go." Dinah said.
"What if she goes to take my mask off before 11:30pm?" I ask nervously.
"I'll message you then. I'm going to follow you guys from a distance to make sure it all works and Ally is going to distract her if we need her." She said grabbing my hand softly. "Are you ready for this?" She asked softly.
"No but I want to talk to her again and be fully open as I know she likes Cinderella and will listen." I said standing up and grabbing my mask.
"You know if she likes Cinderella she'll like you Mila." Dinah said softly.
I sighed before talking. "Come on, Ally is waiting for us." And with that we left for Lauren's house.

We had arrived out the front of Lauren's house and where still sitting in the car. Everybody was looking around waiting for Cinderella to arrive and it amazed me just how many people where interested in my arrival. I wondered if they'd feel this way if they new my true identity but laughed when I remembered my status, nothing. We got out of the car again after Dinah checked my mask was all right and made our way to the house. Dinah and Ally walked a little bit ahead and I was still out of sight still. We decided that being scene arriving together would make Lauren go and question Ally and Dinah and none of us wanted that. I waited five minutes before popping my head up a little to see everyone still waiting with the addition of Ally and Dinah in the group. I walked into view and immediately Lauren sprinted to me.
"I thought that you weren't going to end up coming. I was almost heartbroken but then I saw you and you put me back together." Lauren said starting in a sad tone and progressing to happy.
"Well I'm yet to decide if I'm happy with that choice as everybody is staring at me." I replied my eyes drifting from Lauren to her front porch full of teens. She frowned slightly and turned to face them.
"Ok everyone inside, hit the music, let's get this thing started." She said clapping her hands together and sliding her hand in mine as everyone entered the house.

Lauren pulled me out the back off her house and part way through her yard before taking a seat and pulling me to sit beside her. We sat in silence for a while before I decided to speak up.
"All of this just to know who I am? Why try so hard?" I asked facing Lauren who was taking off the same gold mask she wore at the dance.
"Because I believe you are worth it. I don't even know who you are or maybe I have a slight idea as to who you could be." She said pausing to wink at me and I panicked a little but pretended I wasn't." But I feel drawn to you. I feel like we could be something. You can't lie we have a connection." She said turning her head to me.
I nodded before asking her a question again. "What if you find out who I am and then change you mind?"
"I don't think I would. Whatever I'm feeling I don't think I'll feel it again and it's crazy I haven't even seen your whole face ,or maybe I have, but I'm falling like crazy for you" she finished with a sigh. I lent forward and connected our mouths gently but pulled back almost as fast. I pulled back and smiled as she still had her eyes closed.
"Wow." She breathed out."now I really need to know who you are."
I decided to change the topic. "I believe you have something of mine." I said pausing slightly to look at her eyes."my bracelet, can I get it back?" I asked softly. She put her hand in her pocket and pulled it out dangling it a bit. I went to grab it but she pulled back.
"I'll give it back on one condition." She said pausing and looking at me seriously. " take off your mask." She finished. I sat there contemplating what I would do until I heard my phone buzz signaling that Dinah was saving me. I saw Ally run out of the house and already knew she was on her mission to distract Lauren. Lauren got distracted when Ally called her name and I took the bracelet out of her hand softly and turned around running through the house hoping not to be followed.
"Hey! No wait!" I heard Lauren pleading as she ran after me. "Please I need to know who you are it's killing me!" Ally ran past her and down the path to where we agreed to pick her up but Lauren was to distracted by me to realize.
"Be at the schools music festival! I'll be there but I can't promise that I'll reveal myself, just know that I'll be there!" I yelled back and she seemed to smile slightly at my words but then frown when I didn't promise to reveal who I was. I turned again and ran diving into Dinah's car.
"GO!GO!GO!" I yelled as she stepped on the gas
"That was eventful!" Dinah yelled and we made our great escape.