Chapter One

A/N-Everything belongs to J.K. Rowling. Hope you enjoy!

Lily:

"Potter!", I shouted, quickly making my way across the hallway, "Give it back!". "Why? What is it?" he asked, arrogantly smirking. "None of your business! Just give it back!" I replied, my voice still raised. Of course it was at this moment Potter's little 'marauders' decided to join us.

Eugh, how I hate them! Well, Remus Lupin is nice enough I suppose, and Peter Pettigrew seems ok, but don't get me started on Sirius Black and James Potter! They have tormented me everyday for the past four years, and you'd think that being fifth years they would have grown up a bit by now but no, they are still as arrogant and annoying as they were the day I first had the displeasure of meeting them. Potter won't stop asking me out, and no, before you start thinking that he might actually like me, let me make this clear to you. James Potter does not have feelings, especially not for me. He just asks me out to annoy and tease me. Bloody prick. And now he's currently holding my time turner which I need to use to get to class - the class that started five minutes ago! Oh, how I curse my small 5'4 stature. No, actually I curse the fact that he's a lanky giant! Really though, who is 6 ft by the time they're 15?

Potter slowly backs into a wall as the others take in the scene. At this point, this hallway is empty as everybody else is in class - where we should be! Black's eyes light up as he sees the time turner in Potter's hand. "Oi Prongs where'd you get that?" he half - shouts. "Off lovely Evans here," he replies, smirking, "D'ya know what it is?". "That's a time turner that is!" Black shouts excitedly. "Can you just give it back so that we can get to class?" I butt in, exasperated. "Aww Evans, what's the magic word?" Potter replies, with a big mischievous grin lighting up his toerag face, those muddy brown eyes alight with excitement and interest as he steps forward, looking down on me. I have to crane my neck as I reply, "Avada Kedavra" smirking as I see his face go from laughing to pure shock. "You wouldn't!" he answers in mock offence, acting affronted. "I wouldn't," I replied, "but that doesn't mean that it isn't at all tempting right now! Just give it here because it can be dangerous!". "Ok" he replies. Relief floods through me. Oh shit I thought he wasn't going to give it back for a minute there! As he hands it back to me however, Black makes the stupid decision to push Potter into me and the time turner drops. I watch it fall as if in slow motion but I can't do anything about it. It explodes on the ground and starts spinning. I count the spins...1,2,3...16,17,18. 18 spins! Oh no, I think to myself as the light begins to fade and everything goes dark. I'm now stuck 18 years in the past or future with the marauders of all people. Help!