Chapter Thirteen

Marlene:

Me and Ali are walking down the hallway, looking for Mary. Where is she? We need to find her. Lily went missing yesterday, and we've been searching for her ever since. This morning, I was walking down this very corridor when I found a smashed time turner. It must have been Lily's! We also noticed that all of the Marauders were gone, and it wasn't for that thing they do every month, because they literally just got back from that yesterday morning! What if Lily is stuck in a different time period with the Marauders? That would be a nightmare. I may have an on - again, off - again fling with infamous Marauder Sirius Black, but there are no actual feelings there.

Me and Ali decided to be reckless. Well, I always am - but for Ali this is EXTREMELY rare! We just need to find Mary and then we'll be on our way. We decided that we're just going to have to go back once a year and try to find them. Here's hoping it goes well.

Ali and I quickly pick up the pace. As we round the corner that I found the broken time turner this morning, we crash face first into none other than Mary herself! But the time turner that we nicked off Frank Longbottom (he would do anything for Ali - he didn't need much convincing!) went flying! As it falls on the ground, Mary falls along with it. Suddenly, everything goes black.

Mary shouts, "Marlene McKinnon, get your fat ass of my face before I hurt you!". "Mary MacDonald my great ass wouldn't be on your face if you didn't fall when we dropped it!" I shout back. "Both of you shut up!" Ali shouts. Suddenly, three very unfamiliar faces with very familiar expressions round the corner. "Marly, Alice, Mary!" James, well, I think it's James says. "Oh, and by the way, I'm James, that's Sirius and that's Remus." he adds, gesturing to the others and lowering his voice and the last part.

The marauders are here. Hopefully Lily is too!

"What are you doing here?" James asks, looking very confused. James and I grew up next door to each other - we're like cousins! "We don't know! We were just trying to find you's and Lily and when we rounded this corner in our time the time turner broke!" I say, frantic. "Ok, ok! We can help! We'll find Lily and then take you to Dumbledore." Sirius says. "Dumbledore's here? When are we?" Ali says. "You are 18 years in the future," Remus says, "Now, we'll go and get Lily - you just stay here and try to make sure that nobody sees you.".

"Here, take my invisibility cloak." says James. "Your...what?!" I half - shout. How can he have an invisibility cloak? I mean, the Potter's are a well - known ancient pure - blood family, do maybe it is the real invisibility cloak from the Tales of Beedle the Bard! That's so cool! But why hasn't he told me about this before? I know James Potter, and I also know that he would brag about something like this!

"My invisibility cloak..yea!" he says, a little sheepishly. "But...how?!" I ask. He chuckles, "That's a story for another time. Just put it on so we can get going!". I take the silvery cloak that he is holding out in his hand and put it over that top of me, Mar and Ali. It's a bit off a tight fit, but we'll make it work!

The boys run off to go and find Lils, and we just stay in this corridor. A couple of worried - looking second years walk past, whispering among themselves. I wish that I could say that I was surprised that they were so worried but unfortunately I'm not. For all I know, Voldemort could still be at large! Yes, I say his name! Don't freak out!

After about ten minutes, the boys return. "Why'd you drag me here?" I hear Lily say, sounding a little bit annoyed. And by that I mean a lot. They round the corner and...oh my Godric Gryffindor! It's Lily...but...but not Lily! This is pretty fucking strange. "Oh my Merlin, what are you guys doing here?!" she says, hugging us all. "We were worried, you hadn't come back and the Marauders had vanished too. Then, this morning we found a broken time turner in the hallway and we thought it might have belonged to you. Me and Ali were going to find Mar when we rounded this exact corner and the time turner broke! Then, everything went dark and we woke up here!" I say, very quickly and barely pausing to take a breath. "Ok, ok. Now we NEED to get you'd to Dumbledore's office!" Remus says.

We all nod and start heading there. This is an extremely strange situation. "Is Dumbledore going to change our appearances?" I ask Lily. "Yep, and probably your names!" she says. We reach the gargoyle outside Dumbledore's office but before we can go inside Sirius pulls us all into a classroom that is beside it.

"Black, what do you think you are doing?" I shout at him, quite angry but confused. He takes a deep breath, "Before you go in there there are some things you should know...about the future." he says, "Everyone thinks that I am a notorious mass - murderer who betrayed Prongs...no, James here to Voldemort. Oh, and they all think I killed Peter and blew up a street full of muggles. They all think that I was Voldemort's main guy. So.. yeah! To summarise, I spent twelve years in Azkaban for crimes that we are certain," here he pauses yet again, gesturing to his friends and Lily, "that I didn't commit. That's why Pettigrew isn't here - he thinks I did it. So does Dumbledore. James is dead and Remus is a professor here. So's Snivelly Snape. And we don't know about your futures. Clear?".

Shock. That's what I feel right now shock. So I do something that I, and no one else around me, expected me to do. I step forward and hug him. I know he didn't do it...I just know. You can tell just by looking at him and James - for fuck sake, they're practically married! I know Sirius would never betray James, and he wouldn't join Voldemort or kill innocent muggles like that. He just wouldn't. Ali, Mar and Lily join the hug too, and eventually so do James and Remus.

We all rally in pity around our friend...a truly good guy who has a horrible fate. You know something - I'm beginning to think that there are feelings there.. on my part anyways. Shit.

A/N - To see what Marlene, Mary and Alice look like, check out my Face Claims on my story Wildest Dreams.

xoxo