Chapter Fourteen

Alice:

We all head into Dumbledore's office. Oh shit, to be perfectly honest I don't even want to know my future! Do I believe that Sirius Black would betray James Potter? No, of course I don't! Why would anyone think that! If there is one thing I know about James Potter and Sirius Black, it's that they are both really honest and loyal, and come on! They're basically married!

I will admit, though, I was extremely shocked when a certain Marlene McKinnon hugged Sirius Black. Don't get me wrong - the poor guy probably really needed the hug - but I was quite stunned. It didn't seem like just any old hug - it seemed like it really meant something. After a while, we all joined in the hug too. As I said, he really needed it! But also, I can't believe that James and Peter are dead, and Sirius is (or was - I'm not entirely sure!) in Azkaban! Oh, that place seems just awful! My dad had to go there visiting for work reasons about a year ago and he came back traumatized! But imagine, Sirius spent twelve years there....TWELVE YEARS! That's crazy!

And James is.....is dead! I can't believe it! Me and James were quite close throughout our childhood (we grew up near each other and are parents are friends), so it seems shocking to know that, in this time period, he is dead. Not alive. Fuck.

This is all so bizarre! I'm thinking through all of this as we slowly make our way up to Dumbledore's office. Lily knocks on his door and we enter. Also, it's really strange seeing one of my best friends look totally different! Wow! "Come in!" Dumbledore's voice sounds calmly from the inside. We walk in to the room. "Professor Dumbledore, here are Alice Prewett, Mary MacDonald and Marlene McKinnon, and they come from the past." Lily states clearly as Dumbledore looks at us. "Hello girls!" he says, "It's wonderful to see you all! Now, as you can clearly see, Miss Evans, Mr Potter, Mr Lupin and Mr Black's appearances have been altered." I notice that he uses a cold tone when saying Sirius' name. "Mr Pettigrew's has also been altered. We shall do the same to you all and then change your names. You shall be in the same house, doing the same subjects and in the same year as you are in 1975. Is that clear?". We all nod, and Dumbledore smiles at us.

"Ok!" Dumbledore begins, "Miss McKinnon, what would you like your new appearance to be?". "Could I please have....green eyes, and medium-length blonde-brown hair?" Marly asks hopefully. Dumbledore nods and makes the changes.

 Dumbledore nods and makes the changes

"Ok, Miss Prewett. How about you?" Dumbledore then says. I have a little think and then say, "Could I please have long, black hair and brown eyes sir?". Dumbledore says, "Of course, Miss Prewett." while making the changes. Wow! This feels really strange! I'm me but I'm not me - weird!

Lastly, Dumbledore turns to Mar and says, "Miss MacDonald, what would you like your new appearance to be?"

Lastly, Dumbledore turns to Mar and says, "Miss MacDonald, what would you like your new appearance to be?". Mar says confidently, "Could I please have blue eyes and shoulder-length strawberry blonde hair please sir?". Dumbledore makes the changes and suddenly Mar looks totally different!

After this is all completed, Dumbledore then asks us to think of new names for ourselves

After this is all completed, Dumbledore then asks us to think of new names for ourselves. "Miss McKinnon," he says after a couple of minutes, "What would you like your new name to be?". "Umm...how about Sophie Langford?" Marly asks, and Dumbledore nods his head approvingly. "And you, Miss Prewett?" he then says, looking at me. "Isabella Burns." I state clearly. I love the name Isabella. It's the name I would choose if I had a daughter - Isabella for a girl and Neville for a boy! "And last but not least, you Miss MacDonald?" Dumbledore says, smiling at Mar. "Anna MacDonagh." she says, and James snorts to my surprise.

We all look at him in confusion mingled with shock, and he says, "Sorry! It's just that Sirius changed his surname from Black to Grey and you changed yours from MacDinald to MacDonagh. You both barely made a difference!". We all chuckle a little bit at this, but then Sirius suddenly turns to Dumbledore.

"So, what's this I hear about me being a mass-murderer who betrays Prongs here and murders Peter and many Muggles! What the bloody hell, Dumbledore! You know I would never do that! I would rather die than betray Prongs, or any of my friends!" Sirius half-shouts. "Mr Black, Mr Black, calm down! I believe you!" he says, and Sirius' expression softens at once.

"You...you believe me?" he asks, and Dumbledore nods. "I believe you Mr Black, and I think that it's time that you hear all about the future. I was going to let you figure this out by yourselves, but I've decided that I want you to know some things. Ok, so it begins with....".

Oh, this is going to be interesting!