Purring Headcanons

• The first time you heard Mao Mao purr, it was late at night.

•You two were watching a movie and Mao Mao fell asleep.

•He normally did that after a day at work, but that night was different.

•Mao Mao was clinging on to you as if you were gonna disappear. He wouldn't let you out of his arms.

• You chuckled and played with Mao Mao's ears.

• All was fine until you heard a low purr.

• P A N I C

• You at first thought the the Sky Pirates were hiding inside the couch again.

•You didn't want them to see you in your fuzzy unicorn pajamas....OH AND THEY'RE BAD GUYS THAT COULD KILL YOU.

• You pulled yourself out of Mao Mao's grip and the purring sound stopped immediately.

•It was that day that you found out Mao Mao purrs in his sleep and you strived to make him purr ever since.

• Compliments are always helpful:
-"Mao Mao, you're so amazing! I'm glad I get to be your girlfriend!"
-"Uh w-where is THAT coming from??"

• Mao Mao tries to hide his blushes. And he fails horribly.

• You were already affectionate before, but now, you were always touching him.

•Hugs, side hugs, hand holding, pinkie holding, kisses on the cheek, kissing on the lips, kisses on the nose-YOU WERE ALWAYS CLOSE!

•It didn't take Mao Mao long to notice the extra attention he was getting.

•But he was not complaining.

• Mao Mao was actually enjoying it, but he'll never tell you that.

• Ironically enough, Mao Mao was terrified when he heard himself purr for the first time.
-"AH! What is that?!"

•He didn't even know that he was making the noise.

•It was the cutest thing ever and you couldn't help but laugh.
-"(Y/N), this is serious! What if the Sky Pirates got back in the base?!"

• Mao Mao was embarrassed when you told him that he was purring.

• "How do I stop purring?!" "I don't want you to stop purring, it's so adorable." "HEROES AREN'T ADORABLE!"

• You play the hard-to-get game and don't touch Mao Mao for a whole day.

• He didn't like it ☹️
-"(Y/N), can I have a hug..."
-"Ye-I mean no."
-Mao Mao: *sniffles*
-You: *immediately hugs Mao Mao*

• Mao Mao started purring after you hugged him.

• This is Mao Mao's life now.

•And he loved it....