Chapter 2

A couple of weeks has already passed since the first day of classes and now it's Monday once again. It's lunchtime and I'm here in the School's Canteen with Alice eating lunch.

We're joking around while eating. Talking about random kinds of stuff like the embarrassing things we did in the past that just made us laugh.

Her laugh is music to my ears.

I haven't talked anything to her about what happened on the first day and she's not giving any signs of telling me either.

What must I do?...

As we were enjoying ourselves along with our food, a guy at the entrance of the canteen caught my attention.

"Hey, Alice... Isn't that your boyfriend?" I asked Alice and her eyes widen and looked back at the entrance. "You know... I noticed that you two aren't spending time with each other anymore... Did something happened?" I asked then I saw her hands clenched tight.

What's wrong?...

Her boyfriend(?) slowly walked towards our direction and even if it's against my will, I smiled at him.

For Alice...

I saw his eyes landed on Alice then at me then back at her again and stared at her... coldly...

Eh?...

"Yow! Jake! Long time, no see! How have you been?" I greeted him cheerfully but he just gave me a cold stare. "Uh... You okay man?" I asked.

"Rai.. don't talk to him..." Alice said looking down at her food and I just stared at her with a questioning look on my face.

"Jake!" I heard a female voice behind me calling out to Alice's boyfriend.

I looked back at the owner of the voice who's running towards Jake and hugged him tightly. My jaw dropped at the scene in front of me.

In front of Alice!

Jake's cold expression turned into a warm and loving one the minute he saw that girl.

What the heck?!!

"What's up, Babe?" Jake asked the girl who's now clinging onto his arm.

I looked at Alice and I can see the tears in her eyes threatening to fall any minute now and that made my blood boil.

No one makes Alice cry!

As I was about to stand up and confront Jake about what's going on, Alice stood up first then hurriedly ran away passing by him to the exit. I'm confused right now as to what I should do.

Confront Jake or go after Alice??

What to do?... What to do?!...

I saw Jake and the girl that's still clinging onto his arm walk away like nothing happened then I looked at the exit where Alice just ran out of.

Damn it!

I decided to deal with Jake later and ran after Alice. As soon as I got out of the Canteen, I started to look for her.

I looked at the places where she can go. The library, the classroom, even the girl's comfort room, of course, I didn't enter there but I asked the people around that area if they saw Alice and describing what she looked like. But all of them said no. I'm starting to worry about what might happen to her.

Where are you, Alice?...

I tried to think more of the places where she can go but nothing came into my mind.