Chapter 7

It's Saturday and I'm here in Alice's home, watching her sleep in her bedroom with my hand on hers.

Why did you hid it from me?..

After I saw her in the classroom that day, I immediately called Rico and aided her. Her skin was so pale and her breathing was fast yet short as if she's having hard time doing it.

Fortunately, Rico and Jenny came with the RCY Volunteers in less than five minutes. I stepped aside so they can do their work then walked towards Rico who's busy in his phone with a worried look.

Probably contacting Alice's family, letting them know what happened...

"What's really going on Rico?" I asked him again, knowing that he would refuse to answer me.

"I-I'm really sorry Rai but I'm not the one in place to tell you what's really going on..." He said as he looked at me with sadness and pity evident in his eyes.

I sighed, feeling anxious now as to what Alice's really going through...

Alice...

After a few minutes, an ambulance arrived to bring Alice to the hospital. I was about to climb in but the nurse assisting there said that a family member should go in there so Rico and Jenny went in and I was left at the school. I sighed as I looked at the ambulance driving of towards the school gates.

Please be okay...

I was able to visit her after school but she was asleep so all I can do was stare at her sleeping face. Her family was there and they all looked worried for what may come of Alice.

I also asked them about Alice's condition but they all refused to answer and said that Alice should be the one to tell me. I just sighed and continued to stare at her. Fortunately, they told me that she would be discharged after the day tomorrow.

That was my first and last visit to Alice since the Intramurals was still going on and it really tired me out but I asked Rico and Jenny to always give me an update about her so I wouldn't worry too much of her. I could always call Alice but when I did, she didn't answer so I wasn't able to talk with her and that kind of bothered me.

Alice...

Why do you always hide the important things from me?...

You're so selfish!...

You always keep the things that's bothering you!

Why do you carry such heavy secrets when you can share them with me so we can carry them together?!...

"Alice..." I whispered as I felt something warm ran down my cheek so I immediately wiped them off with my free hand.

"R-rai..?" A voice called and I quickly turned my gaze onto the person who's laying down in front of me and saw her eyes slowly opening.

"G-good morning... Did I wake you?" I whispered as I quickly scoot near her and helped her up to sit.

"N-no.... I was just thirsty..." She said then I heared some grumbling sound coming from her stomach and I looked at her and see her face flushed. "... And hungry..." She said embarrassed and I chuckled at her reaction.

"I'll go out to get you some food," I said as I stood up but before I could even leave her side, she immediately squeezed my other that was still on hers. "What is it?" I worriedly asked and yet again... She hesitated... I sighed, knowing that she stilk doesn't want to talk about herself.

Sigh...

"I-I uhm... Uh.. I just-" She stammered.

"It's okay... Don't push yourself if your not ready to tell me anything yet..." I said, smiling sadly as I squeezed her hand with comfort before letting go. "Is there anything that you want me to get along with your food?" I asked, dismissing about our subject earlier.