04

04: Who Are You?

• • • • •

Warning/s: a little bit of insanity

• • • • •

Kurapika opened his eyes and saw a bright white ceiling and blurred shades of colors around him.

So many questions rammed inside his head, causing him to wince. Where am I? What happened to me?

Then his vision came into focus and he saw Leorio and Melody in front of him, wearing worried and also relieved expressions. Kurapika moved his head and scanned his surroundings; he was in a room, with blank white walls.

A hospital room.

"Oh thank goodness, you're alright," said Melody.

"You scared us, ya know!" Leorio exclaimed, then he paused. He grabbed Kurapika by the shoulders and begn shaking him frantically. "Wait, you remember us right? You know who we are, right?"

Kurapika groaned, rolling his eyes at Leorio's dramatic actions.

"Leorio, calm down," said Melody in a soft chiding tone, placing a hand on his shoulder. "He didn't hit his head, did he?"

Leorio grinned sheepishly. "Ehe, sorry."

Kurapika tried to sit up but both of his friends pushed him back to lie down again. He sighed and adjusted his position on the bed, so he was half-sitting up and half-lying down.

"What happened?" He asked.

Leorio began, "We were at the café --"

"I know that." Kurapika gave him a pointed look.

"You were about to reply to Leorio," said Melody. "Then you began to suffocate."

Kurapika's eyes widened at what he heard. He remembered now, they had been talking about that mysterious girl in his dream when he suddenly started to feel his chest again.

"Say, there didn't happen to be anyone passing by us when I started suffocating, was there?"

Leorio gave it a thought, tapping his chin impatiently. He snapped his fingers and grinned.

"Oh yeah!" He said. "Nearly forgot; there were these two pretty girls passing by our table and then you started suffocating and all that. They helped us get you here, by the way. Didn't get their names, though, they totally didn't want to tell us."

"A girl..." said Kurapika. He brought his hand to his chest, which had been aching just a while ago. "Suffocation...my dream...the crowd..."

Realization hit him and he demanded, "Where are they?!"

"They left just a few moments before you woke up," Melody informed.

Kurapika shot up and bolted of the room, ignoring the calls from his friends and the stares he received from the people he passed by.

Got to find her! He thought as he ran to the exit. Where is she? Where?! Where did she go?!

All of the adrenaline left his body when he reached the exit of the hospital.

He walked out of the place and found himself face-to-face with a large city, but there was no sign of her. A city so huge that it made him feel hopeless, he couldn't possibly find her now.

Who was he kidding? He didn't even know what she looked like!

He placed a hand on his forehead and started to brush his fingers through his blond hair.

Why?

Why?

Why?

Why am I searching for her?

Who is she?

Why does she make me feel this way?

What is happening to me?

[A/N: Your Name feels T^T]

"Kurapika!" Leorio and Melody's voice echoed in his ears.

He didn't turn around to look at them, his eyes were focused on the pavement in front of him. Leorio and Melody approached him and both their eyes widened.

"Kurapika!" Leorio exclaimed, taking a step back. He pointed a cautious finger at his friend, sweat running down the sides of his face. "Your eyes - they're red!"

"Your heartbeat," Melody said, a mortified look on her face. "It's playing a tune I've never heard before, Kurapika, what's wrong?"

"Who? Who?!" Kurapika grumbled as he took a fistful of his hair.

He was getting really frustrated looking for this girl. Who was she? What was pushing him to look for her?

He tore out strands of his hair, trying to process whether she was hiding from him or was he actually going insane. Not a single solution popped in his head, nothing made sense.

This was the first time that his knowledge failed him.

He whispered, tears in his glowing red eyes. "Who are you?"