23

23: Promise

• • • • •

Warning/s: none

• • • • •

"Leorio called me at about 11:40," (Name) explained to Kurapika, she lay on top of him, cuddling up to his feminine body. "Rin answered it and got upset that he woke her up," she let out a small giggle. "She gave him an earful, then she woke me up, we got dressed and went here. I don't know when (friend's name) arrived, she was already with Leorio at the door when we arrived."

"There's something fishy about them," said Kurapika with an amused tone.

(Name) nodded in agreement. "Mmhm, then we went in your room and someone was calling on your phone so Rin answered it, she's outside with Melody. Oh, about that kiss..."

"Yeah?" He hummed, eager to know.

"Leorio pushed my head on yours," she sighed, looking away from him. "I didn't mean to - not that I didn't like it."

"I liked it too," he admitted, continuing to brush his fingers across her hair. "You're a pretty good kisser, (Name), your lips are so soft too."

"That was my first kiss."

"Coincidentally, mine too."

There was silence, then Kurapika's lips curved into a cunning grin. "Give me another one."

"No way!" (Name) grumbled, getting off him.

He sat up and wrapped his arms around her waist, pulling her close to his body, resting his nose on the base of her neck.

"You smell good," he murmured. "Stay here longer, I don't want to go to sleep again."

"You need sleep, dork," (Name) pointed out, patting his head lightly. He nuzzled his head on her shoulder, taking in her lovely aroma.

"Sleep with me?" He requested, hope filling his voice to the brim. She turned to him, eyes narrowed at him with suspicion. He laughed upon seeing it, guessing what thoughts were running rampant in her mind.

"I'm not like Leorio, dear," he told her, hugging her body tighter. "I won't touch a woman without her consent."

"It's not that," said (Name), placing a hand on his. "I just thought... well, why do you want me to sleep with you? I mean, don't only couples do that?"

"Shh," he whispered to her ear, lowering the tone of his voice which made him sound more masculine, it felt strange but this was Kurapika, he could make whatever sound hot.

"I know what you're thinking," he continued. "Sorry about Neon but... I promise to you I'll take you out on dates, buy you flowers and shower you with gifts, just please be patient with me."

"I am." She answered shortly. Who told him to say this? What flowers? Dates? No way, that sounded so damn sweet.

Then he took her hand in his, raising it so he could get a better look at her fingers. He tapped her ring finger and said, "One day, I'm gonna be putting a diamond ring on this finger and when that day comes, I'll be happiest man in the world. Then we can have a simple wedding, not too grand but you'll look prettier in a wedding dress. We can have kids, lots and lots of them, running and playing around a big house. I'd like that."

Do I even like kids? (Name) pondered.

He had pretty nice dreams for the both of them, she had to admit. Kurapika made her very happy by saying that, not because of how sweet or amazing it sounded but because he was implying as well that he wanted to be with her. That alone was enough.

"I'm not good with keeping promises," said Kurapika, suddenly frowning. "Especially to Pairo, I promised him so much but gave him so little. He died while I survived, I should've been there to save him... My promise to find a cure, to bring Yori-san back to him... I couldn't keep them. He was dead before I could find the cure and Hiyori..."

He let out a deep sigh. "(Name), I'm horrible with promises but for you, I will try to keep this one." Then he smiled. "But I should really start with it, I'm already eager to meet your parents and ask them for your hand in marriage."

She snorted, trying not to show the redness of her face, deciding to tease him a little. "What makes you think I'll say yes?"

He gave her an even wider grin, letting our a series of chuckles. "Because I know that you love me too much to say no."

She laughed as well. He wasn't wrong.

That night, (Name) did sleep beside Kurapika. At first the blonde insisted he didn't want to sleep because he didn't want any more nightmares but he fell asleep first than (Name), so she decided to sleep as well, cuddling close into him.

Even in his dreamless sleep, he could smell her scent and hear her voice, a part of his subconscious that was keeping itself busy with thoughts of (Name) while she and Kurapika were alseep.

Somehow her presence left all the nightmares at bay. Kurapika was more than thankful that he had her here with him.

×××××
A/N: Its short but I kinda like it, to me its cute when (Name) and Kurapika get these small moments of intimacy and understanding, it makes their bond stronger. Now I understand why we often fall in love with our best friends, the stronger the bond the more connection there is and, admit it people, we're all attracted to those who understand us :)

Sadly sometimes, it doesnt work out.

Especially if your friend is dense,
honestly it took me so much to tell him how
I feel and he's gonna say 'wait, so you like
me as a friend?' smh >:(
but sometimes hes so cute
I cant resist, hes like a baby T^T

God help me, this is not normal *-*

Have you guys ever had a crush on your best friend? Care to share your experiences cuz im interested!