24

24: Old Friends

• • • • •

Warning/s: Gon being canonly oblivious T^T

• • • • •

Slowly, (Name) opened her eyes.

Kurapika's peaceful sleeping face was the first thing she saw, his translucent pale skin was glowing softly under the sunlight that spread into the room. She brushed away the golden strands that fell on his face.

Flashes of what happened last night appeared in her head, her face grew hot at the memory.

She kissed him, Jesus Christ, she kissed him. She reached up to pinch her cheeks and rub her eyes, wondering if this could be some dream.

But when she opened her eyelids again, she was still lying in that bed with Kurapika.

"It's not a dream." Kurapika's voice said, he opened his eyes and stared at her with a small smile. "Good morning, dear."

"Morning, Kura," she replied, smiling back. This boy may not smile often but when he did, his smile was contagious.

He pulled her close to him by his arms around her waist, pressing her onto his chest. She nuzzled her face on his shoulder, gently tracing figures on his skin.

"You're the best thing in my life," he whispered, placing a kiss on her head. "The most beautiful I've ever seen, the only person who made me feel so happy like this. Please stay, please don't go anywhere."

She hummed in agreement. "I wouldn't dream of it."

(Name) realized that Kurapika had that fear of losing people and right now he was trying to smother her with his praises, love and care, like he was silently begging her not to leave. That's why he constantly gave compliments out of the blue.

"It really is like a dream," he continued. "I can't promise to be the best lover, I may get easily jealous or possessive or offensive at some point but please bear with me, I'm not used to this. It's like the more you express love and affection for me, the more I crave it."

It was expected from someone who was deprived of love for so long, (Name) snuggled closer to him. She mentally noted to make it her mission to make Kurapika feel as much love as possible, he needed it more than she did.

A knock on the door caught their attention and Rin's voice called from the other side. "If you're both awake, breakfast is ready so you guys can come and join us."

Kurapika averted his gaze to (Name). "Should we go get breakfast?"

(Name) considered this, but then decided to cuddle up to him a little more. "Five more minutes, okay?"

Kurapika chuckled. "All right, stay here, dear."

. . .

"Let them enjoy their sweet time together, Leorio," said (friend's name) warningly, pointing a finger at the raven-haired man. "Don't be a cockblock."

Leorio rolled his eyes and sat back down on his chair, taking out his phone once more to continue with whatever business he had on it. "Killua, his sister and Gon are coming here, they're back at Yorknew."

"The Zoldyck and Greenie?" Rin said, pausing in the middle of ravaging of her meal.

"Yeah," said Leorio. "That's funny, they only texted me right after they arrive outside the damn apartment." He stood from his chair, putting his phone back in his pocket. "Come on, (friend's name), let's go get them."