13

13: Kurapika Confronts (Name)

• • • • •

Warning/s: none

• • • • •

(Name) walked home with a frown, Rin Hiroshi's answers were extremely simple yet the meanings were vague, almost like she was hiding something. But (Name) could find out another time, right now her only focus was to get home.

She opened her apartment door, coming to a sudden halt.

Shit, I messed up.

Kurapika was blocking her way inside her room.

He was angry. His eyes were glowing scarlet on the edges, his hands were balled into fists and his whole body was trembling.

(Name) had the indistinct feeling that he was trying not to punch her.

"Where. Have. You. Been?" He demanded through gritted teeth.

"I went for a little walk." She replied hesitantly.

"Where to?" Kurapika's glare was starting to melt her.

Before (Name) could think of an excuse to say, (friend's name) appeared from behind Kurapika and engulfed (Name) in a hug.

"Where did you go?!" She demanded after pulling away. "Why didn't you tell me you were going out? I could have come with you!"

"No need," (Name) assured, keeping up the act. "I just went for a walk."

"(Friend's name), get back here and let them talk!"

"Was that Leorio?" (Name) asked.

"Okay okay, calm the fuck down, old man!" (friend's name) called back, leaving Kurapika and (Name).

He seized her wrist in his hand, basically dragging her inside her room and pushing her down the soft mattress of her bed.

A soft click was heard, Kurapika had locked the door.

(Don't think like that I know u r)

"Oh my god, Kurapika, don't do that!" Leorio's voice called from outside.

"Idiot, I'm not doing anything like that!" Kurapika yelled, punching the door angrily.

"This is a new side of you, Kurapika!" (Friend's name) exclaims.

"I'm not doing anything both of you would do." Kurapika scowled at the door.

He was met by small mumbles of disagreement from the two. He turned around and started walking towards (Name).

"That wasn't funny, (Name)," said Kurapika, hovering over her with a fearful look. "I was worried for you. Why didn't you listen to me?"

"Curiosity kills the cat," (Name) said, shifting slightly at the awkward position. "You... didn't want to tell me."

"Did she tell you then?" Kurapika spat. "The reason why I told you to stay away? I doubt she even knows."