06. mixed emotions

The days went by since the last time she saw Kai. Ever since that day, she was always worried and stressed about what might happen next. Damon had filled her in on everything, so did Liv. She surprisingly wasn't mad at them for keeping such a big secret from her. Kennedy understood the consequences that would've came if they told her sooner.

Allison left back to college, and Kennedy spent more time with Drew— afraid Kai would try to kill him too. According to Damon and his little group, Kai is trying to 'merge' with his twin for leadership and kill his whole coven. It was no longer surprising to her if anything weird happened. Like, a sudden increase in deaths. She knew what the causes were, but she protected her friends always.

...

"Kennedy, you have to relax. He's not gonna kill me," Drew assured her as she followed him to his class.

"I'm just making sure. I don't know what comes next with that guy," She whispered while they waited outside the class.

"I can handle myself."

He smiled making her smile back.

"I know, I'm just— i'm just making sure, you know?" She questioned and he nodded. A sigh let out from her before the school bell rang indicating for them to go to class.

"I'm gonna go now, is that okay?" Drew joked making her smile bigger.

"Yes."

He smiled at her before heading into class. She later went on her way to her class before being pulled into a nearby closet.

Kennedy gasped as the door closed behind her. She was about to speak just before a hand covered her mouth.

"Don't shout," His voice spoke quietly before slowly letting his hand go.

"I'm not," Kennedy shrugged.

Kennedy couldn't help herself but be nice. No matter who it was, she couldn't stay mad or stay angry at someone.

"Please don't go anywhere near Damon for a while? Please?" He had worry in his voice which confused her considering he doesn't feel emotions.

"No promises— now I have to get to class," She quickly said while trying to open the closet door.

"Promise me."

She looked back up to him again with a puzzled face.

"I don't mean to sound rude— but— why the hell do you care? You're trying to kill my friends."

"Can you just stop being so difficult and promise me?" He was angrier now and his tone scared her.

"Okay," She sighed out while going for the door.

"Say it."

Kennedy rolled her eyes.

"Seriously? Are we in fourth grade or something?"

"Kennedy..."

"Okay— Kai. I promise." She laughed. "You want to pinky swear too?" She joked as he held a straight face.

He was staring at her intensely which made her furrow her eyebrows at him.

"What?" She questioned with an awkward laugh.

When she got no reply, she looked down and saw him holding his pinky out.

"You're kidding right?"

"Does it look like i'm kidding."

"Oh my god you're such a child," She sighed while intertwining her pinky with his. "Happy now?"

"Yes."