11. distraction

It was Bonnies birthday today. Although Kennedy was never close to her, she felt as if she should be there for Damon and Elena.

Kennedy was in the bathroom fixing her outfit. It was chilly outside so she wore navy blue dress with small pink and white flowers detailed all over paired with an oversized navy blue jacket and white sneakers.

"What about Kennedy?" The girl heard Damon question as she came out. She wasn't in sight yet, but she knew Elena and Damon sensed her with their vampirism.

"Oh, I apologized to her already," He said while sitting up straight. "I'm like 98% sure she forgave me? I don't know."

"She forgave you?" Elena asked not believing what he just said. "You murder her best friends brother and she just...forgave you."

Kai nodded his head in response.

"Weird, right?" Kai spoke while taking on of the cupcakes.

"Okay, I think we're done here," Damon said stopping the conversation.

Kai had wanted to apologize to Jo for ruining her life. Damon and Elena weren't buying it but Elena had something different planned out.

"Actually, what if there's something he could do for us in exchange?" She smiled.

Kennedy walked into the kitchen catching Kai's attention.

"Oh, hey," He smiled watching her strut in. "You look happy."

The both of them didn't tell anyone about their time together a couple nights ago; except for Drew.

The four of them made their way to the room with the pool table where Elena handed Kai an ascendant.

"Sad attempt at iron welding," Kai said while examining the object.

"I tried to fix it," Elena replied.

Kennedy laughed to herself watching Kai mess with the ascendant.

"I can't bring Bonnie back with this," The siphoner spoke again while showing Elena the torn up ascendant.

"I thought you were the all powerful leader of the Gemini Coven now?" The brunette snarked.

"I destroyed this..so that it couldn't be used again."

"Well can we use that hunk of junk to send her a message?" Damon questioned from the doorway. "It is her birthday."

"It is?" Kai asked with a woeful tone of voice.

Kennedy frowned. She knew Bonnie had some sort of impact on him in the prison world. He wanted to be better because of her. Something was obviously going on between the two of them; more so from Kai's view.

"I'm gonna...step out for a bit," Kennedy said while standing up. "I'll be back or something."

"You'll be back or something?" Damon asked repeating what she said. "What does that mean?"

"It means I don't know if i'll be back."

"You're leaving?" Kai then asked her making her face him.

"Yeah," She breathed out. "I'll be fine."

Kai frowned as she gave a fake smile.

Once Kennedy was out of sight, the two vampires were staring at Kai with many questions he wasn't going to answer.

"Ill be fine," Damon mocked.

Elena shot him a glare before saying, "Shut up Damon, you were the exact same way with me." He rolled his eyes in response knowing she was right.