3

"Welcome, my children

"Welcome, my children. In this room you shall explore the noble art of Divination. In this room you shall discover if you posses the sight. Hello, I am Professor Trelawny."

The big eyed woman with curly hair held her arms out to the students.

"Together we shall cast ourselves into the future. This term we will focus on Tasseomancy, which is the art of reading tea leaves. So please, take the cup of the person sitting opposite you."

Max took Ron's cup, Ron took Harry's, and Harry took Max's, none of the boy knowing where Hermione was.

"What do you see? The truth lies buried like a sentence deep within a book, waiting to be read. But first, you must broaden your minds. First, you must look beyond."

"What a load of rubbish."

The three boys all jumped, looking to see Hermione sitting next to Max.

"Where did you come from?" Ron asked shakily, sharing a confused look with Max.

"Me?" She scoffed. "I've been here all this time."

"You boy."

Max's head snapped up at Trelawny's voice, the woman pointing at Neville.

"Is your grandmother quite well?"

"I think so," he told her softly.

"I wouldn't be so sure of that."

"Merlin, here she goes. I've heard she's mad," Max told his friends.

"Oh!"

Max jumped, the woman now in front of their table and looking at Ron.

"Your aura is pulsing, dear. Are you in the beyond? I think you are."

"Sure," Ron swallowed nervously.

"Look at the cup, tell me what you see."

"Oh, yeah. Uh." Ron looked down at the tea leaves, glancing to Max in panic out of the corner of his eye as he flipped through his book. "Harry's got a sort of wonky cross. That's trials and suffering. And that there could be the sun, that's happiness."

Hermione and Max shared grins, trying to keep their laughter at bay.

"So, you're gonna suffer, but you're gonna be happy about it."

"Give me the cup," Trelawny held her hand out.

Ron did as told, but when the woman looked into the cup she jumped back with a scream.

"Oh, my dear boy. My dear, you have the Grim."

At the woman's words, Max looked into Harry's cup, snatching his own back from the Potter and looking at what was inside.

"The grin?" Seamus asked from across the room. "What's the grin?"

"Not the grin, you idiot. The Grim."